WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Seeing Red

It was total madness for the last couple of days. The headless chicken is once again up and about, running around town trying to complete as much as possible before the big day comes in about 10 days time. Sigh... one Chinese New Year, 15 days in total but only 2 important days, have so much to do. Spring cleaning la... decorate the house merah merah la... new clothes la (this is plaining excuse to buy something new)...preparing gifts la... storing up of goodies as if there gonna be a war la... my goodness... so much hassle.
Come CNY, if got people visit my house, then ok la... worth the effort. But hor, who's gonna come la? Lols.... So, basically, I just do up the house to shiok sendiri only... hahaha... Luckily the-man-of-the-house has been quite entertaining also. When he walked thru the door the other day after I put up all the deco stuff, he went like... "wah.... very nice hor the house...?"
***
Didnt buy much stuff this year. Only the Pussy Willows and a pair of decorative scrolls. A words of advise if you plan to get Pussy Willows... dont bother buying from anywhere else or even going all the way to Sg Buloh only to be slaughtered. Just get them from Ikea, RM16+/bunch. Fresh & nice. Last year, I went to Sg Buloh and paid RM26+/bunch and by the time I got home, most of the buds has dropped off. This year, I am a bit smarter already...;)
As for the deco, I just reused what I have from last year but decorate it differently. Bought the new set of decorative scrolls cause I love it's meaning. Something about family unity & togetherness rather than typical 'fatt fatt fatt'. I like.
***
Cleaned & wiped down the altar yesterday too and replaced all the ribbons and stuff. It might be a little too early but I seriously dont want to leave everything to the very last minute. There will be more stuff to prepare come last minutes - mandarin oranges, cookies, chicken, roast pork, vege, sweet meat, angpows.... *wee wang wang - pening*

4 comments:

mun said...

Good preparation work. You and your house are so ready for CNY now. :)

Redbabe said...

Yeah... bring it on!!! *tung chang*

traCe said...

hahaha... memang *tung chang*.. very bersih liao ah your house hehe !

Redbabe said...

hey trace.. how's bb? long time no hear arr...

hahaha... yeah.. only places can be seen is bersih liau... places cannot be seen, no eye see...lols