WELCOME to my blog.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

GongXi GongXi

I am all ready to usher in the year of Tiger with a roar..... ROARRRR! And, cant wait to get it over and done with. I am exhausted and the hot spell is not helping at all. I was told that the weather are usually like that come CNY, i.e. extreme hot. But I never remember it was as hot as this past week. The sun practically burnt and water that flows out of the tap was actually hot. Really one... I am not exaggerating.
Am coming down with something. Cough & flu. Like I said, tofu body. Boycott already. Been downing lots of Vitamin Cs and cough mixture. So pardon me if I dont act/behave like myself. Cough mixture makes me *high*. Lols....

Been running around preparing for CNY. All are set. I even planted some arrowhead plants (ngaku) for the fun of it. That's what PP used to do come every CNY. She will make me go dig some sand from somewhere, put them in pots, add water to plant these ngaku in.

I've also taken out the Chinese Basket which mom gotten for me during our wedding so that I can filled it up with mandarin oranges.
I was never much of a praying person. When I was young, PP will prepared everything and I just left to help carrying the offerings to the table and offer joss-sticks to the almighty as I mumble my wishes which usually include...
***
"that I achieve good grades in school..."
"PP strike 4d..."
"fast fast grow tall & big..."
***
As I grew up, I identify myself as a free thinker and that, there is only 1 God despite of all the different faces. And now, though I still believe all Gods is in actual fact just one God, I introduced myself as a Buddhist. I 'felt' the connection. I am able to relate to its' teachings.
***
Anyway, it is not about me. All I wanna say is, for a person who hardly pray and dont really know the procedures leading to it, I was entrusted by the man-of-the-house to get all the neccessary ready. So you can imagine. The headless chicken not only gone headless, but neckless too...lols... I managed somehow. The pamelo, the fruits, flowers, nien gao, peanuts, chicken, roast pork and etc... All are ready now awaiting for tomorrow.
The man said these two pineapples look weird. I should just get 4 of the plain ones instead of 2 plain ones and 2 weird ones. :p I told him I thought these look rather cool. It's like so many little little pineapples on one big one. So instead of just two pineapples, we get like 30 bijis? Anyway, this weird ones are more expensive ok....

...the fresh flowers, whatever that still can be found at the shop. Having Valentine clashes with CNY this makes flower prices hike ridiculously and limitation of stocks. Just make do with whatever I can still get my hands on....

Seriously, cant wait to get it over and done with so that my mind can relax and chill out a little.
***
So, last but not least, here wishing you guys
GONG HEI FATT CHOY
SEM SIONG SI SENG
SEN TEI KIN HONG
***
translation:
Wishing you prosperity
All wishes come true
Good health


4 comments:

Alina Grace said...

Gorgeous!!! You home looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

Redbabe said...

Thank you :)

mun said...

You are really superwoman. Can even plant nga ku from a bulb. Hope you have a speedy recovery for the reunion dinner tonight!

P/S You decorated your house so beautifully for CNY. Your man-of-the-house must be so proud of you. Well done! :)

Redbabe said...

Just simple deco. Mostly reused from last year's. though lots of work, i enjoy it also...lols

thank you.