WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wonderful Evening @ Cafe Cafe

The dinner with The Fernandez (Alina & Mike) the other night were like what Alina said, "FANTABULOUS!". We had so much fun laughing away at our own silliness after just a bottle of wine. I think it is not the wine. It must have been the company and created some kind of natural 'high' or a sense of euphoria-ness... lols... We were totally obnoxious. Not only the first to arrive and last to leave but were also laughing away quite loudy throughout the night spoiling the otherwise romantic ambience for other dewey eyes couples... :p
We were actually invited by Alina to this lovely little restaurant called Cafe Cafe to celebrate her loukung's (hubby) birthday and at the same time, to collect the new notes that she have gotten for us.
Cafe Cafe is a very lovely little fine dining restaurant tucked away in a corner in the midst of the busy Lock Yew interchange. If it was not recommended, one will never know of its existence. I've heard of it but never been. So was Alina. But I never knew it was a fine dining restaurant. I thought it was just another ciplak western joint with a slightly nicer ambience. How wrong was I... it was so nice that I might even go down on one knee to propose to my man... (kononnya la... since I already married, no need lor...) hehehe...Cafe Cafe is one of the loviest restaurant I've ever been. When we sat down, I turned to my plus one and said: "If we ever to get married again, we will have a party here". And he selamba replied me: "First we have get a divorce. Then only we can get married again."... = By his standard, this was fast. Alina was just laughing away....

Quickly took a picture with the host before the birthday boy's grand arrival in birthday suit... no, I was just kidding. If he really does that, we will be kicked out of the restaurant faster than Superman can manage.

The food were to die for. Especially all the main courses. Harrison's words... "Can taste lots of tender loving care..." hahaha... Yup, that described it all. Succulent, juicy and sweet... The birthday boy had this medium well done steak.

And Alina & Harrison had this Chargrilled Chicken Breast something... Look yummilicious right?

And this, kickass huge tiger prawns was what I had. The texture of the prawns were crunchy. Not entirely cook but neither raw too. Just right. Able to taste its sweetness. I love.

Here, is a picture of the cake with compliments from the restaurant for the birthday boy. How thoughtful. Lovely isnt it? Actually, other than the main courses, we also had escargot & some clams appetizers, some sorbet & chocolate desserts. No pictures to tempt you though cause we were too busy wiping our tears from laughing too much from our 'vocabulary slur'. Yup, you read me right. Vocabulary slur. Eg:
***
- instead of wishing the birthday boy 'happy birthday' when I hugged him, I said "bye"...
- as Mike cutting the cake, Alina said "..... don't want to get stab by cake"... I went like "???"
- as we were talking about various cheesecakes, NewYork/Boston/Philadelphia, my geography went hay wired. I said they were in Australia. Lols...
***
Like that la... sot already. Definately cant be the wine. Or probably ate too much. That's why everything malfunctioned. Hehehe..
Here we got him a New York Cheesecake complete with all the candles :p When the waiter brought it out, he went like... "Eh, here not like TGI like that one arr? They dont sing song for you one ar?". With that,, the three of us (Alina, Harrison & I) sang him a rather loud birthday song in the otherwise quiet restaurant. If only he can blush, he would have turned scarlett... Unfortunately his skin were a tad too thick.... Lols....
I must emphasized again, that, it was indeed a great evening. Good company + good food + good ambience. Very good choice of restaurant. To Alina, thank you for inviting us and last but not least, to the birthday boy, Mike, I hope that for every candle on your cake you get a wonderful surprise!

2 comments:

Alina Grace said...

We both have lots of fun you guys also....your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Redbabe said...

Hehehe... thanks. I think I was at a better angle than you that night that's why photo come out quite nice. :)

Sigh... what an evening.!