WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Peanut Cookies & Pineapple Tarts

The past weekend was fantastic. Very fruitful. Supposed to attend a friend's kid's party on Saturday afternoon and an ex-colleague dinner gathering too but cancelled both. Instead, met up with my girlfriend, Terri, to check out 'Cake Connection' in Jaya 1. Thought 'Cake Connection' sells baking stuff. But thought wrongly lor... they sell mostly cake decorative stuff - flowers, colourings & etc. Wrong channel for me. :p
***
Went for a short brunch after that at Oldtown Kopitiam nearby. In the midst of brunching, we thought of going to karaoke and called to make a booking at Neway for 1pm. But in the end, cancelled that too cause decided to just go home to bake some cookies instead.

Taadaaaa.....! Here's the fruit of our labour. 4 boxes of pineapple tarts & 4 boxes of peanut cookies. :) Lovely isn't it?

The first batch of peanut cookies were slightly burned. Left in the oven a tiny wee longer and it came out like that... :p Tasted alright though. Just don't look so alright... hehehehehe...

Here, I tried to roll up the dough to make pineapple tart. It was horrendous. The dough just breaks all over. Sigh...
Aunty (Terri's mom) says : Knead more...
* I kneaded more. Knead knead knead... Still breaks. *
Terri says : Add more flour...
* I added more flour and continued kneading... still breaks. *
Redbabe says : Maybe I should put them in the fridge to set first...
* Thrown into the fridge to set *
***
Took out the dough 15 minutes later and it was worst. Not only it breaks more easily, it started to oozes oil too. In the end, I just threw the whole darn thing away and started another batch of dough. And this time round, it was perfect. We concluded that maybe we shouldn't use expensive butter. :p Was using some kind of expensive butter Terri bought in the first batch. For this second batch, I used cheap Buttercup butter...lols... cause that's the only butter left in the fridge.
See how beautiful my pineapple tarts turned out in the oven. Very nice right. Trust me, it was absolutely yummy too. I used the pineapple jam given to me by Alina the other day which was made by her mom. I love homemade jam. Always super fresh and yummy. Unlike those commercial ones, full of preservatives. Not good for health.
And finally, both peanut cookies & pineapple tarts all ready to be packed and sealed. :)
***
We finished all baking at about 7:45pm. Went dinner nearby and quickly got back for some mahjong games. Lols.... I won RM9. Minus RM6.50 for mahjong paper, I only make RM2.50. Not enough to pay for electricity also...lols.... But we all had good fun.

No comments: