WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Our Midnight Burger Hunt

This is a long overdue entry. One fine Saturday night two weekends ago (I think), when we were spending the weekends at my in-laws' place, Mr Fat Fat said at 12:30am... "Put on your bra... let's go for hotdog. I just watched they ate hotdog in Shallow Hal, like damn shioking yummy like that la..." So because of that, 'Shallow Hal', I have to went scrambling for my bra, and out of the house, at 12:40am++, hunting for our local version of hotdog stand, i.e. the Ramlee Burger Stall)... Nevermind, I like going out. I love spontaneousity... I love fun no matter what time it is.

Halfway driving out, Mr Fat Fat said.. "Eh.. we need to go find a bank first la... no money in wallet le..". Don't look at me, at that hour, the most I brought would be my bra. The camera is just an accidental extra.... hehehe..

First, we went to this RHB's atm at a petrol kiosk near the foot of Bukit Segar. Unfortunately, the shop was closed. Therefore, can't access the ATM inside it. From there, we drove over to Connought Garden. Over there, we tried at AmBank - failed, Hong Leong Bank - also failed.

Only at Alliance Bank (also along the same row) Mr Fat Fat succeeded in withdrawing some hotdog money. Happy-nya dia!
***
Just for the record, I think most banks shut down their ATMs after 12 midnight. So next time if you needed money urgently passed midnight for hotdog , go straight to Alliance Bank. Don't waste time.
***
Anyway, after the ATM hunt was over, the Ramlee Burger Stands hunt started. These stalls which used to be everywhere when you not looking for them suddenly evaporated into thin air. No where to be found at all. We circled around Connought Garden for awhile and decided to head home empty handed.

As we were heading back up to Bukit Segar, we decided to circle the area nearby and just as we were giving up, there it was. One stall opens brightly right in front of the 7eleven... Mr Fat Fat finally found his Burger Stand to fulfil his hotdog's craving. He hoped off the car happily and ordered for himself a hotdog but only to get this reply "Bang, hotdog habis la... burger saja ada".


Hotdog takda, burger also jadi la... that's what happened in the end. I also wallup one burger myself... geng le... nevermind la.. not everynight supper. Wont die one la...

2 comments:

~ RaChel Lim ~ said...

Pui fuk! I salute!

Alina Grace said...

Hahahhaha....you guys not only went in search of supper but also went ATM hopping....