WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Kluang & Uncle Doo Doo's Yong Tou Foo

I love, I love, I love this 'yong tou foo' shop so much. It's simply yummy. Still, after so many years. Same texture, right intensity of sweetness, saltiness and everything... :)

Whenever I visited Kluang, my hometown, I never failed to stop by Uncle Doo Doo's Yong Tou Foo Shop. Uncle Doo Doo, what a cute name he got right? That's what I've been calling him since young. I think not only me, all Kluangnite called him that too. I've always loves his yong tou foo especially the sweet sauce. It's just different from all the rest that I've tasted so far and none come even close to his.
My love affair with this yong tou foo started when I was barely 3 feet tall. Whenever PP went to the salon to have her hair done, we will surely stopover at Uncle's Doo Doo stall for a quick lunch of yong tou foo after that. Those days, he operates his stall out of a tricycle which he would cycle all the way from his home with loadful of these yummy savoury, soup and all, to this narrow alley next to the Metro Cinema. There, he would set up tables & chairs in the open air for his customers. Whenever it rained, he would rolled out the canvas roof from the umbrella of his tricycle. Cool huh...

Even my hubby has acquire the taste for Uncle Doo Doo's yong tou foo. These days, it is always he who insisted that we should go for the yong tou foo (of course I did too la... just that he is more persistence... lols). Anyway, they have long moved their business out of that nostalgic alley way by the cinema to this 'Ah Cheng's Bistro' which is a hawker center located right next to the Kluang Market.
Nowadays, whenever I visit, I will see his son and daughters helping him out at the stall. I just hope that someday they will take over and continue their father's business. So that when I am a 100 years old, together with my barely 3 feet tall great grandchildren, I'll still be able to taste the same sweet sauce which I tasted when I, myself, was just barely 3 feet tall.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

LOL Uncle Doo Doo. Doo Doo means tahi le >< ...you guys so cham call him Uncle Tahi

Redbabe said...

hahaha... doo doo means tahi? from which language wor?? Lols...I thought it was the doodoo bird's doo doo..hahahaha

Terri Chai said...

Another meaning for Doo Doo also means.... extinct... die...:p
There's this phrase - dead as a doo doo... meaning.. extinct... hehehehe!

Redbabe said...

Yeah.. cause doo doo birds extinct already mah... that's why the phrase 'dead as a doo doo'... :)