WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, May 11, 2009

My Morning @ UMMC With The Mommies

As promised, this is post is about the Mother's Day event organised by 'My Mom's Best' which I blogged about last week.
***
Last Saturday morning, still blurry eyes, we gathered at the lobby of Menara Timur University Malaya Medical Center (UMMC) with bags and bags of presents waiting for instructions of what to do next.


The moment the nurses arrived with various trolleys representing various wards, without any instructions, everyone went on a 'auto-cruise' mode and started to organise, arrange and calculate all the presents and subsequently allocate them accordingly for all the mommies in all the paedaetric wards.


It was a really nice outing. Somehow, everyone just clicked. It felt like we have known each other all along like that. I guess it is the mutual goal to this event that has brought about such feelings & emotions.




All these presents' contributors, all these fabulous people volunteered to organise the whole event, and even those volunteered to have their shop as presents dropping zones shared something in common and that is, they all have a compassionate heart.

Someone contributed a big box of these pretty cupcakes. Each of these cupcakes were individually packed into see-thru boxes. It was really thoughtful. At least mommies can share her presents with her babies...:) I dunno, just by looking at it, I already felt happy.


The Director of UMMC chatted with some of us for awhile when he saw there. They were having some other events there.

Once all the arrangement, distribution and calculation settled, we arranged all the 9 trolleys side by side for photography. All the volunteers were taking a break and busy clicking away.

And finally, one for the album. A group photo of all the volunteers and the ever helpful nurses, with the 9 trolleys of presents. As for me, I can't wait for another such event to take place ... :) I'll surely be in. I've seen lots of thing this time round... and learned lots. I believe others too felt the same way I do.
***
I wont say all, but many parents these days have very high expectation of their children without realising what really matters. It is the kiasu syndrome that has somehow seeped into their mind without them realising themselves. I don't blame them. They usually started off normal, but somehow along the way, got sideways. I guess it is the normal human behaviour to never see what we already have but to amplify what we don't have. Eg, our child not smart enough, not pretty enough, not handsome enough, not cute enough, not rich enough...etc.
***
Then I thought, what's the point of being smart, pretty/handsome, rich enough if they are not healthy? Isnt it? What really opens up my eye & mind is when a fellow volunteer said this: "So what if my daughter have a congenital heart disease? As long as it is correctable, it is no big deal". How very true.


You can read more about it here:
Montessorimum
Alina Grace
Mama22Beas
AllThingsPurple

No comments: