WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My 7-Day Vegetarian Pledge - A Success!

I've successfully completed my yearly 1 week 'vegetarian' pledge in conjuction with Wesak Day as my way of showing thanksgiving of the abundance that have been bestowed upon me. The good health, the good friends, the good life, the good mind and the good of many things. Thank you.

I just dont take meat or anything that requires killing. Eggs is fine cause I dont need to kill the chicken for it's eggs. Milk is fine too cause I dont need to kill a cow for it's milk. As long as it doesnt involved killing, I am cool. :)

***

This is only the second year that I am observing this vegetarian week pledge of mine. Last year was rather tough for me. Was already counting down the remaining days on the first day of my pledge. Lols. This year though, felt like a breeze. Without realising it, it is already 7th day, the last day of my pledge.

***

Found this nice little cosy restaurant with sickeningly sweet interior which served contemporary modern vegetarian food right outside our house. It was superduper yummy. It could be because of them this 7 days of mine passes by so fast... Double thumbs up for them.

***

How I felt after this 7 days meatless pledge? Well, I felt good. Felt less bloated. Mentally sharper and of course, proud of myself. Will do it again next year.

1 comment:

Alina Grace said...

You go girl!!!! Congratulations!