WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Orange Cake

This is something I baked the other day. Something different from the usual butter cake. It turned out quite well. Here's the recipe to share:
Ingredients
(A) 250g butter, 200g castor sugar
(B) 5 egg yolks (large), 1/2 tsp orange essence, grated rind of 3 oranges
(C) 240g flour (sifted), 2tsp baking powder (sifted), 1tbsp milk powder (sifted), 100ml orange juice

Method
(1) Cream ingredients A till light & fluffy
(2) Add in egg yolk one by one and continue beating well
(3) Add in orange essence & grated oranged rind. Beat for 1 minute.
(4) Fold in ingredient C and orange juice alternatively.
(5) Pour cake batter into a greased & lightly floured baking tray 25cm tin.
(6) Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree celcious for about 45minutes or until golden brown.
Special Personal Note
(1) I reduced sugar to 100g for 'kurang manis'.
(2) I didn't use any orange essence cause I don't have it at home but it turned out alright.
(3) Since I don't have orange essence, I used about 5 grated rind of oranges.
Have fun & happy trying!

No comments: