WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

FengShui & Karma

This is my personal experience with FengShui and what I gathered about it. This whole experience that I gonna shared is strictly based on my personal interest only. Just bear in mind that FengShui is very much like medicine. What is good for you may not be for me and vice versa.
A very good friend of mine (also a FengShui Practitioner), warned me in 2007 that I should shift out of my apartment by 2008 to prevent relapse of my thyroid. As usual, I didnt take her words seriously... I am that kind of person that will only scratch when there is an itch. When there is no itch, I won't bother to take any preventive actions to prevent the recurrence of it. You understand what I mean? Just understand it la...
Then come 2008, I was too busy preparing for all our wedding events. We were supposed to shift over to my in-laws old place right after our wedding in May 2008, but with my 2 furkids, it was a little inconvenient. Therefore, we waited for them to shift out first to their new house, before we move in. As the renovation works over at their new house was unfortunately delayed, we were only finally able to shift out of my apartment in Nov 2008.
The thing is, we do have a house of our own which was due to complete in 2006/07 (can't exactly remember). Unfortunately, till now, it is still not completed yet. The best part was, it was suppose to be Ho Hup's benchmark project. Let's just say that it is also supposed to be above average property and there is no way it gonna have problems. Ho Hup. Who would ever thought cash rich Ho Hup would faced problem? I still remembered a banker friend once told me "Don't worry... Ho Hup filthy rich.. will never have problem one...". And strangely, Ho Hup faced just that... cash problem... directly opposite which supposed to be impossible. Otherwise, we would have shifted out of my apartment long ago... Sometimes I do wonder, dont know if it is our luck that brought Ho Hup down...lols.....
Anyway, when we finally shifted into my in-laws old home, my father-in-law insisted that we should moved into the middle room instead of staying in the backroom as it is the only square room in the house (square rooms are usually deemed as having better FengShui compared to irregular shape room). So off we went, lugging all our belongings, from the back room and settled ourselves into the middle room, i.e. the square room.
From day 1, I was not able to sleep well in the middle room. It's always either headaches/migraines or it would be so difficult to fall asleep. Even when I finally fell asleep, I would wake up several times a night. Then, I began to feel the symptoms of my thyroid condition all over again. Since there is an 'itch' now, I mah scratch lor. I consulted my FengShui friend and all she said was..."what makes you think you shifted into a better FengShui house?"... that really left me scratching my head instead...lols. What she asked is true. I also don't know what makes us think this house has a better FengShui than my aparment. We had just all along assumed it should be better. Assumptions. Anyway, after giving her some info on the directions, she did some rough calculations and cross references, she confirmed the worst. It is indeed worst :p. Not only that the house in general have a much worst FengShui for us, of all the rooms, it is the middle room that harbours the 'illness star' of the year. You see la... suey or not??? Anyway, as there is no other possible houses to shift into, she taught me some cures to hopefully counter the negative effects of it.
Since we also have a room over at my in-law's new place and as the new place is generally good in every aspects of FengShui, Harrison said we should spend our weekends there and hopefully it will help to improve my health and everything. So for the past 6 months, I am sure you guys knows we have been doing just that for our weekends.
Until recently, a FengShui master and his team was brought in by a relative to audit our home. After taking measurement of all the directions including our room, the first question he asked was, "...can you sleep well at night???" with a very surprising look. With that one question from him, I suddenly felt a whole tonne lighter. Felt the dark clouds which has been enveloping me this past couple of months has finally been lifted off me. Someone finally understood what I've been experiencing. Someone is finally jiving my music!
To cut long story short, from our place, the FengShui team proceeded to my in-law's new place and the best part is, our room there share the exact same bad measurement of our room at our own home. Doubly suey hor? Anyway, the FengShui master and his team did some changes in our house and shifted us to another room in the house. *keeping all my fingers & toes crossed* So far, so good la... I slept very well. I've never rested so well for a very very long time.
The reason I am telling you this story is not because I am supertitious (I am to a certain point and trust me, that certain point is pretty low), but from my own observations, I understood something else. And, that is what I wish to share.
All Incidents Observed
1) Delayed in the completion of our house cause Ho Hup bankrupted - which is really strange. Talam was a more bankruptable as compared to Ho Hup that time.
2) In-laws new house renovations delayed - which shouldn't be too cause there was nothing much to reno except for fixtures & fittings. Just that contractor was dilly dallying.
3) Shifted into an assummed better FengShui house from my apartment which turned out to be worst.
4) Shifted into a supposely better FengShui square room from our back room which in the end turned out to be the worst too of all the 5 rooms in the house.
5) Spending weekends at in-laws' to avoid bad FengShui at our own home which in the end also have the equally same bad FengShui for us.
I came to realise that when one is meant to go thru an experience, one is meant to go thru it no matter what. No matter what one do to prevent a certain mishap or unfortunate situation from happening, it will still happens no matter how. What is in your chart, it is in your chart and it will always be in your chart. No matter what one do to prevent unfortunate events from happening, it will still somehow happen one way or another.
What I have to say here is important. One thing though, will make a difference in the severity of one's misfortunes or one's good fortunes and personally I think that is what we all called 'Karma'. If one is meant to have a heart attack, he/she will have a heart attack no matter what kind of FengShui aspects have been taken into consideration priory. It is "Karma" that will determined the severity of the heart attack. It is "Karma" that will determined if it will happen with people around so that you'll be saved or left to die. It is "Karma" that clears the traffic for the ambulance that rushes you to the hospital or jammed it up with nasty traffic jam. It is also "Karma" that determine the cardialogist is on duty at that particular odd hours or snoozing away in some faraway land vacationing with his/her family. You get what I mean?
To apply this into my personal example would be, if I am meant to have a relapse, I will have a relapse no matter how many houses I shifted. It is "Karma" that will determined how severe my relapse would be. It is "Karma" that determined I meet all the right people at the right time who offered me right advises instead outdated medical information which could've make my situation worst off. It is also "Karma" that destined me to have a good FengShui practitioner friend across the border to pre-warned me of possible relapse and advised me on possible cures to cushion the negative effects which could've been worst for my relapse. It's also "Karma" that allows me to understand all these so that I would not feel frustrated or even depress of myself.
The most easy example to illustrate would be, all of us are meant to die someday, somehow & someway. That is our ultimate destiny. There is no such thing as the elixir of longevity which the Qin Emperor had wanted so badly and ordered the whole China to make him one and yet he still die. That only proof one thing and that is, death is anything but evitable. Same goes for bad luck. It is anything but evitable. Fengshui might be able to pro-long our life a little (I said 'might', I don't know exactly if it can...) but we would still die eventually. Just like bad luck, it may be delayed a little, it will still come. And I believe that it is 'Karma' that determine whether we have a peaceful exit or a suffering one. Just like bad luck, it is 'Karma' that will determine whether if we escape an accident with a tiny scratch or permanent paralysis.
So conclusion is, of course FengShui is important. But I felt that accummulating good "Karma" is even more important. Since we are not able to change what we are destined to go thru, why not do more good deeds and hopefully with all accummulated brownie points, it will automatically lessen the negative effects of our destiny by setting us on an 'auto-cruise' mode to make all the right decisions, meet all the right people at all the right timing? Does this blabbering of mine make any sense to you?

8 comments:

Gerry said...

Thank you for your sharing. Very well said from a personal point of view! See how your blog always inspires people to do more good? Wonderful! :)

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

clap, clap, beautiful entry......

Redbabe said...

tq tq... *bow* *bow*

Alina Grace said...

Well put....

HouseDelay said...

Hello, I bought a place from Ho Hup too which was delayed. Are you talking about their development in Bukit Jalil? Which phase did you buy? I heard that phase 5 will be handed over soon followed by phase 6.

Redbabe said...

Alina: Thanks

HouseDelay: Shit... hopefully you dont think we 'suey-kan' the project..lols... we are at phase 6. Yours? WHich phase?

HouseDelay said...

Of course we don't think that! :-) Mine is phase 5. VP expected any day now but my neck is so very, very long from all the waiting.

Redbabe said...

HouseDelay: Congrats & good luck to you... hopefully you get your VP soon. As for ours, we don't know when yet...haiz... if we were to wait for the house to get marry arr... I would have become an old spinster already...lols