WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An Observation: One Shot 49 New Lives

Something gross to share. This photo is taken many weeks ago. As I pulled up the curtain, found this weird looking insect in the midst of laying eggs on the outer side of the window. Don't know what insect is this. Must be some kind of beetle.



Though hair were all standing up on my arms (due to its' gross-ness), I just sat there and watched this creature as if I was in a gold class cinema, systematically laid it's egg, one by one, in two rows forming a straight line. When the whole process is over, I calculated a total of 49 eggs!!!! Incredible. Such small insect can formed 49 new lives one shot. So next time, if you feel like smacking/crushing some insects, it is absolutely alright. No matter how many we smacked/crushed, we will never drive them into extinction. That's for sure!

p/s: Guys, one shot, 49 new lifes wor.......

ppsst..! I ran another 3 laps yesterday... hooray!


4 comments:

~ RaChel Lim ~ said...

Wow.. Observe how the insect comes out from its egg.. Pls.. Took more pix for us.. Its like i'm reading National Geography Blog.. Lol!

Redbabe said...

haha... rachel... no more picture already.... the babies were all hatched after 5-6 days... this was taken early last month.

~ RaChel Lim ~ said...

Wow.. do u manage to see the youth?

Redbabe said...

no wor... i checked on it everyday when i got home. and then one day, when I checked, all the eggs look kosong...lols. :(