WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tai Chi-ing Frustration To Inspiration

I am finally back to work today after rotting at home for 6 days recuperating from my H2N3...lols. Visualize this.... me, sitting in front of the idiot box, with mushroom sprouting out all over me. That's how rotted I am. My boss has been an angel. I called in sick last Friday and told him that I will go in on Monday instead. And on Monday, I got an early sms from him saying something about if I am still feeling under the weather, I dont need to go into the office as there is nothing much to do and I replied with an 'Ok. See you tomorrow' and continue with my slumber. Then, come Tuesday morning and I received another similar sms. This time round, I just pulled up the quilt and continue to snooze without even replying it...:p
It is not easy to crawl out of bed to get ready for work after rotting for 6 days especially with an aching right shoulder resulted from a sudden inspiration to paint yesterday. Nevertheless, I have to. Otherwise, I'll be blogging about more frustrations today and I don't think my frustrations are that interesting to read.
Decided to channel all the negative energy accummulated from those senseless frustrations to better use and that is when the inspiration to paint more or less surfaces. If you still don't know this, let me enlighten you with something I know and that is, music, painting, dancing, exercising, have special power of transforming negative emotions to positive emotions. So if you are in the lousiest mood next time, instead of start screaming down the street terrifying innocent beings, just simply listen to your favourite music cd & sing along or vending your anger on your guitar/piano. It helps really. It helps to prevent disasters. Try it.
So I grabbed a pencil from upstairs and started to sketch on the small canvas which I bought couple of weeks ago for experiment. When I said for experiment, it doesnt mean that I am using it for some mad scientist experiments on how to turn the canvas into meatballs and etc... :p It is just because I've never painted on a canvas before and I need to experiment how acryllic paints would react to canvas. Get it? Anyway, I decided to paint leafs. Just plain painting of leafs. Remember I mentioned that I couldnt find any of those in Bali cause most of their leafy paintings usually have stupid birds/flowers in them? Well, I decided to DIY this one. No stupid birds, no stupid flowers, just green leafs. :)
Since it is a relatively small canvas (slightly bigger than A5), it is 60% done now. The verdict at this point of time is, I think I like painting on canvas and acryllic works well with it. I should have prime the canvas priorly though but I was too lazy therefore resulting in unsmooth surfaces. And I have yet to decide on what to do with the background and my leafs look more like chendols than leafs....hahaha... but then again, art is art. There is no right or wrong in art. You just need to apply your artisticness when viewing one. Betul?
Anyway, that's all for now. I'll post up my half done artwork later this evening to share. Then you can tell me if it look like chendols. Lols.

No comments: