WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Let's Do the Rumba, Sunshine & Husky Thingy...

I asked a friend recently to suggest some topic for me to blog about cause I don't have anything in mind that I wish to write. She suggested that I should blog a little about my furkids (kids with fur = dogs) since she haven't seen them for quite awhile. I thought about it for awhile and decided why not?
***
Then I started to think of what interesting things my furkids have done lately beside eating and shitting. Hmmm.... sleeping? Is that interesting enough? Lols...

By now, you all should know that I have 3 dogs at home. They are the permanent residents at home and we are the tenant cause they are at home 24/7 and we, hardly.
***
1) Rumba - A Lhasa Apso (tibetan breed), 8 years old (56 yrs old doggie age).
2) Sunshine - A Miniature Schnauzer, 5 years old (35 yrs old doggie age)
3) Husky - A Mongrel, 6 months old (3.5 yrs old doggie age)
***
So, our every morning and evening routine would be to clean their pee/poo and feed them even before we have our breakfast or rushing out to work. And 15kg of doggie kibbles which cost about RM150++ can only last for 1.5 months at most. And we can't have it replaced with cheaper brand cause that would compromise on their health and the quality of their coat. Conclusion is, even if we don't eat, they still need to be fed.
***
Our 3 dogs each is their own individual. They have their own characteristic. Each different from the other. Of all the 3, Rumba is the most 'kwailan' (rebellious) of the lot. She have an attitude of her own. Attitude problem that is. If she is not happy about certain things, she'll make sure you get the message. :p For eg, if we are out all the time and hardly home, she will pee/poo at places she is not suppose to. Also, she is very intelligent. She is able to read our body language to the details. And she is able to communicate thru her eyes. You know, that kind of eyes that talks? You get what I mean.
***
As for Sunshine, she has the best temperament of the lot. The best way to describe her would be, she is very easy going and patience. Whatever goes for her. If she needs attention, she will just sit near our dangling feet. As long as our little toe is touching any part of her body, she is happiest already. Easily contented. We can twirl or push or glide her, she would not retaliate but would come back for more. Cute hor?
***
Husky. Another nickname I have for him would be Monkey. Cause he always monkey-ing around. Hyper-ly playful. Maybe because he is still a puppy, that's why. We've had him since Nov 08. For the last 3 months, he had accomplished the following:
***
1) Learned the command 'sit & stay' & 'no'.
2) Learned that he is not suppose to run out the gate when it is opened
3) Learned to sit & wait till we say 'ok' before chomping down the kibbles
4) Learned to fetch and bring
5) Chewed my car bumper
6) Ate the flowers on my potted plants and spit out the bitter leafs.
7) Destroyed Harrison's and my slippers
8) Chewed Harrison's car bumper (mine worst)
9) Disable our autogate twice. He pulled & destroyed the cables
10) Broke the metal stopper on our grill
11) Pull down the rubber hose so that he can chew on the spray tip
12) Pull in the newspaper which is right outside the gate with his paws and then chew it into bits and pieces
13) Destroyed a small water pail meant to be his water bowl which he thought was a toy
***
So I guess that conclude that we have 1 intelligent dog, 1 sweet dog and 1 destroyer dog. That's the latest updates of our furkids.





2 comments:

i said...

I don't know how you cope with 3 dogs! I only have one but already feel as if I'm keeping a kennel full of dogs LOL!

By the way, where did you get Rumba from? Hardly see this breed around here. Now that Happy is getting on a bit in her age and finally mellowing down, think I can safely consider getting a companion for her LOL.

Redbabe said...

day in day out clean shit and feed dog lor... quite tiring la...lols

yup, seldom see lhasa apso around. i got her from 'collars and paws' in taipan.

am due to groom rumba & sunshine. i am so lazy....*yawn*