WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, February 16, 2009

What Is Love? (My Simpler Version)

You know I don't always talk about mushy mushy loving things in my blog. But in conjunction with Valentine's Day, I felt obligated to write something about it. Initially wanted to write something about the meaning of love in my previous post but tak jadi cause I can't think properly then. Mental blocked. So ended up just writing about what we did on V-Day. Apart of me was still thinking about the RM20 that I lost in a mahjong game at a friend's house yesterday and another part of me was thinking about what's the outcome of 'Gem of Life' from episodes 71-82. I've endured 70 hours with dark eye circle and now they said the last 12 episodes is not worth watching??? wth...
Anyway, back to my meaning of love entry. It is always difficult to put the meaning of love in words and the words are always over rated. Meaning, it don't really connect. We know love is 'you love me, i love you and we are happy family'... blah blah blah.. but, what really love is???
As I was going about my stuff this morning, rushing to complete some work for my boss, I was suddenly enlightened by a much simpler version of meaning of love. So, I think love is such...
***
1) when somone gave him a box of chocolate and he gave it all to you and not taking even 1 piece of it because he knows you love chocolates.

2) when you said you are bored, he suggest to go to so-and-so's place for mahjong/anything and offered to drive you all the way there and stayed till the end of the game which lasted for 5 hours without complaining even a single bit.

3) whenever you wanted something, he will fulfilled your wish and put his own wants on lower priority just so it will put a smile on your face.

4) when you are upset, he'll bring you to eat your favourite food and let you talked about what's upsetting you.

5) when someone said something bad about you, he defended you aggresively.

6) when he take charged of the welfare of your car, making sure it is in tip top condition at all time.

7) when he call you once in a while during the day just to hear your voice even though you impatiently wanted to get back to your task in hand.

8) when he feed and clean the poo of all the 3 dogs without having the need to be asked to

9) when he keep the best piece of his meal for you

10) when he supported you emotionally and financially in whatever you do without even a single doubt/question.

11) when he slipped money into your hand when your 'cash' meter went red.

12) when he accept your fashion advise no matter how corny it may turned out to be sometimes.

13) no matter how angry or upset you are to an issue and lashing it all out at him, he will take it all in gracefully and agree with you whole-heartedly, only to advise you later when you cooled down.

14) when he peeled prawns for you

15) when he cracked that piece of stubborn crab for you.

16) when he walk on the outer side and you on the inner side of the road to ensure you are safe from crazy drivers.

17) when he have no problems for you to hang out with all your male friends cause that is called 'trust'.

18) when you still live your own life, have your own space even after you are married.

19) when you teased him all the time and he gave it all back to you equally.

20) when you played tricks on him that make you rolling on the floor laughing and he'll just tickle you as revenge.

21) when he still fall for the same old trick months later.

22) enjoying a peaceful breakfast/tea together while he read his paper and you read your book.
23) when he have no problems at all if you hang out with your girlfriends from morning till night cause he believe you need to have your own space and time too even after you are married.

24) when he is your remote controlled robot. "darling, can you help me to get this, get that... "..lols
25) when he knows you love Sarah Brightman and offered to sponsor your ticket even though it is freaking expensive and offered to chauffer you to & fro on that day.



I think that pretty much sum up what love is in my little world. How complicated can it be? Like my banner said, 3 things last forever. And, that is FAITH, LOVE & HOPE. Have FAITH in the relationship, LOVE that someone unconditionally, and HOPE for a good future together. Simple eh?

5 comments:

Terri Chai said...

Awwwww... so sweet... :)
First time I see Gladys in such a 'mushy' mood...

traCe said...

ini sangat bagus punya entry ~~ gua suka! lolz.... lemme ask Mangkee to read this as well..wakakak!

Clarins said...

the gem of life i've finish watching it. Its nice, but like till episode 82 (conclusion) its like a sudden twist. I think it will have a gem of life 2

Redbabe said...

Terri..... so sweet hor? Just like me mah....lols...

Trace..... suka ka? make sure mangkee baca wor...lols

Clarins.... huh? season 2 somemore arr? I no energy to watch already..lols

Gerry said...

Aikes, can't believe I actually skipped this blog!!

A truly sweet entry. Thank you for sharing with us, your meaning of love. :)

You are loved, because you are LOVE.