WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Am A Normal Person (I am afraid of dentists)

Over the festive season I munched down way too many junks and tragically, one of my fragile/weak tooth, chipped. Since that faithful day, I was very stressed. Stressed not because of it is painful or ugly. Stressed because I am one of the many normal people that fear ‘Dentists’. Dr Joon said I am normal.
***
Finally worked up my courage yesterday (after 5 days) and made an appointment with Dr Joon in Taipan at 6pm (my regular dentist). I had two teeth refilled and a scaling done. I almost peed in my pants. But true to her words, it was a painless procedure. Dr Joon said, I am all tensed up even before the drill enters my mouth. Lols…
***
Anyway, nothing la…. Just felt very proud of myself. That’s all lor… All I can say is, I survived 45 minutes on the dental chair and paid RM210 for the thrill and didn’t felt anything.

2 comments:

answeety said...

hehe, i think its normal for people to be scared.. i am too, and lucky for me i have perfect teeth ( never had a fillings), but my wisdom tooth does sometime play up and what worries me is the need to take it out, which i try to avoid.. i too get stressed out, the big needle and the tools used to pull it out ( saw my previous maid procedure). Dr Joon clinic, they are really nice.Havent gone to her yet, but the dentist seem nice and understanding...

Redbabe said...

i still have my wisdom tooth too. Dentist advised to extract it both. I don't think I would ever have the courage to go thru that.

lucky for you, you got perfect teeth. When I was younger, I have teeth that prone to cavities. So always visit the dentist. Thinking about it sent a shudder down my spine.

I shall continue to brush brush brush, floss floss floss....lols. And hopefully, don't need to ever visit a dentist again. :p