WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Update on PP - Hospitalised again

After my hair modelling stint of two days, I left for Kluang on my own the very next day (Wed). Wanted to hop on to a train/bus initially, but thought better of it. I will surely got lost somewhere in between. In the end, decided to drive instead. Flexible & save time. Started my journey at 12noon and arrived in Kluang at 2:15pm. The drive was very pleasant except that I was a little sleepy towards the end. Other than that, everything was fine. I even stopped by at Baskin' & Robbin in Air Keroh and bought a small pint of rum & raisin to take home with me. Yes, the ice cream survived the 1 hour 15 minutes drive home.. hard..! lols (what r u thinking? naughty naughty...*wagging finger*)
The reason of going back was to accompany my mom since Unc Lester has to go back to Spore to get his passport stamped. Thanks to my understanding boss, I don't need to report to work this week (but next week gotta work full week... *sob sob*). Therefore, I'll be staying here in Kluang for 5 days, till Sunday.


PP has been hospitalised again on Monday to stabilise her sugar. She does not respond to insulin nor metformin. Her sugar level shot up to 28 and she have been sleeping all the time. Have been accompanying her these couple of days at the hospital throughout every visiting hours. She is drifting in and out of sleep every now and then. Even when she is conscious, she can barely open her eyes. In fact, she can't move at all. We have to turn her every now and then to prevent bedsores. Mom have also bought a special mattress which generate cool air for PP to sleep on.

PP's condition is getting worst. She has been sleeping for the past 5 days without really waking up. Even when she opened her eyes, it is just a small slit. Not sure if she is aware of what's happening. According to the doc, PP suffered a no-symptom heart attack and she have some infection in her lungs too. Doc also said that it's usually the case for severe diabetic patient with second stroke. Due to her infection, she is feverish most of the time. We constantly wiped her with wet towel to cool her body. Other than that, there's nothing much we can do except to make her as comfortable as possible and let her know we are there constantly.

Anyway, that's all the update for tonight. Gotta sleep. Need to go to the hospital tomorrow morning. Goodnight & sweetdreams!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there.

Sorry to hear about por-por's condition. Just pray and like you said, make her feel as comfortable as possible. You and your mom must take care of yourselves as well. Need to rest and eat to maintain your strength. If I can be of any help, please HOLLER!!!

Redbabe said...

i'll definately HOLLER ...... thanks!