WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Darling, A Car Is Still A Car...

The weather today is nice. Gloomy and rainy. I love rainy days. It has been raining almost everyday for the last two weeks. Can’t complain because I’ve asked for it. I prayed very hard for rain. Better rain than oven hot. On days like this, as long as I don’t have to hit the road, I am happiest. When I was a little girl, I used to be able to smell rain long before it start. Once, I even imagined that I am some kind of rain princess, that I can summoned rain as and when I like. How imaginative!

Anyway, just got back from KL. The traffic was crazy. It took almost 2 hours to reach downtown. We ended up having dinner at Passage Thru India instead of going where we suppose to. Harrison’s left leg wobbled like jelly courtesy of his ‘sports’ clutch (in case u don’t know, sports’ clutch pedal is many times harder than a normal manual clutch). Aww…. poorthing… *he asked for it*. :p


Sometimes, it is quite difficult to comprehend the rationale behind his actions. For example, he would purposely pay money to remove a good clutch pedal only to have it replaced by a hard & tough sports clutch pedal knowing very well of KL’s famous bumper to bumper traffic and best of all, end up with wobbly jelly leg.


Another weirdest thing that he would do was to remove the whole darn original engine and get it replaced by a turbo charged engine so that the horsepower will be increased to 320 from 210. The point is, for me, no matter how much horsepower a car has, you still have to hit on the brake when you come to a standing traffic or some stupid ass hogging the road (which is a norm here). Now, he is starting to talk about removing his turbo engine and got it replaced with a 1jz engine (don’t ask me. I don’t know what the heck that is). I told him if he is so crazy about horsepower, don’t drive car, fly a plane instead. A car is a car. You can’t change a car into a plane. It still won’t fly.


That is not all, he will take out the original yellow headlamps and install a new pair of don’t know what HID light and each time when we are stopped at roadblock, he would tell the police that they are original and the police will believe him.


Once, he also removed his original spoiler and installed a carbon fiber one, only to remove it again and got another one installed later.


And when he had a minor accident sometime back which dented his front bonnet slightly, he used it as an excuse to get it replaced with a carbon fiber one (which he had always dream of getting).

These are just some of the things he did to his car. There are many more which I can’t see (meaning, internal organs la…) and I don’t know. Sometimes I wonder, why spend so much money to buy a nice car only to have all its organs removed and transplanted? Might as well just buy an empty car shell and implant whatever superpower organs he wants to implant right? That’s more logical isn’t it?

4 comments:

Terence said...

whaha lau eh ....modify so many things for what. waste money ler...

wait till his friend who r driving the same car dun wan the car oredi, then only get from the friend mah.

My celica friend selling off his celica.

He is giving me his sports seats, carbon fiber spoiler and carbon fiber hood. free of charge.

he wants 2 give me the suspension and all that.. i say .. i am not really into racing, but I will take effort to make my car 2 go lighter and run efficiently.

spend on holiday and upgrade sofa, bed, professional clothes or business also better ler.

if Harrison keep adding things .. the car will be very heavy ler. waste a lot of fuel to load those heavy stuff on the car.

upgrading car never ending one ler. the more he join the car club, the more he wants 2 compare and upgrade.. never ending ler... I have quitted the celica club 2 years and i look back.. what I did 2 my car...haiz....what I did 3 years ago... waste a lot of money ler...

Anonymous said...

I understand your confusion. I guess it's a Guy Thing. We, girls will never understand. That's what Mike always says. Sigh.....when one buys a car, I can never understand why wants to spend all this money. Like you said, with KL's traffic, how fast can you go???

Redbabe said...

Terence, he caught the car modification virus long ago. So long so there is no cure to it. He started with his alfa, then the corolla, then the MR2 and now the Altezza. Next would be my MRS.

You lucky la... got so many free stuff from your friend. Not cheap wor...


Alina: Can never understand one la... so whenever he race with someone, I would go... "balls bang arr?" :p

Anonymous said...

Ok la. Your husband can do very well in busines and I am sure he knows he sensible enough knows what he is doing.

Terence L