WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Mid Autumn folks!

(very pretty right? don't know can eat one or not?)


It's Mid Autumn Festival today. Happy Mid Autumn to all of you. Hope you have a wonderful reunion dinner with your family and love ones. It's a pity it rained today. Can't admire the otherwise beautiful round moon hidden behind the cloud, or has the cloud cleared? Am too lazy to stretch my neck out of the window to check out the sky... whatever la..


For me, it's just like any other day. No walking around the neighbourhood carrying paper lantern or lighting of multi coloured candles in the porch or any 'yuit kong wui' to attend. Just another Sunday like any other Sunday, doing our own stuff and later, dinner together. Except that, we had a very nice dinner tonight compared to other Sundays cause today is 'tai yat zi' (big day), that's why.


In fact, i just realised that it is not just me that didn't do what we used to do during a Mid Autumn Festival, I don't see any other people doing it as well. All the way from Taman Desa to USJ, tak nampak satu orang pun walking around with their colourful lantern or any house that is brightly lighted with candy colour candles or even any folks sitting in their front porch enjoying mooncakes with their chinese tea. What's happening?


Is that an outcome of staying in a city for too long? Or cause our rakyat are disturb by our current political turmoil and the many uncertainties 916 would bring? 916 is barely 36 hours away, I guess it is a good reason to be restless (oh, for those of you that is under the tempurung, we are not talking about 916 gold ok.. we are talking about 16th Sept). Personally, I am awaiting 916 with full anticipation. Awaiting for change. Awaiting for some excitement. Awaiting for some happenings. And most importantly, awaiting for 'hope' for my country. We need to get things moving. Eh, ter-off-topic pulak. See la.... I think yalar... the rakyat is definately disturbed by 916. Even me, supposed to blog about Mid Autumn festival, ter-blogged about 916 pulak. You see la... haizzz....

Sorry la... Can't help it, it is the berita hangat now. Everywhere I go, people are telling me to stock up on food at home. I still have some rice left, maggi mee, potato chips, meow meow prawn crackers, cream crackers, oranges, pears, honey dew, luncheon meat, fish fillet, sausages.... I think enough kua.... worst come to worst, share Rumba & Sunshine's kibbles lor....am sure they wont be kedekut one... sure can kenyang one... or bbq them... oppst... did i say bbq them? :p Ok.. better stop talking about 916, or next, you'll see the headlines read "Redbabe is arrested under ISA too". Shh shhhhhhh.............

Mid Autumn Festival. As I was talking about the lanterns and all.... when I was very young (not that I am very old now), I always look forward to it. Can't wait to light up the front porch with hundreds of flickering candles or bobbling lanterns. I would start collecting candles way before the festival arrived and hide them in this huge vase which is about a meter tall stored in the back room. You see, I stayed with my grandparents then. And, my other cousins would always come by, unfortunately, almost every day. Some of them, would always help themselves freely to things that doesn't belongs to them. Therefore, I have to be very creative with my hiding places.



Anyway, festival come and go. The leftovers will be thrown back into the vase for next year. Many months later (or years, I dont know), one fine night, as I was rummaging thru my wardrobe in the back room, I heard some strange noises coming out from the vase. Some kind of click click cluck cluck sound. For a moment, I was hoping I would find a genie in there to grant me 3 wishes. Took a torch light, shined into it, and found a mickey mouse (rat) instead. What a disappointment. Luckily didnt waste time to think what wishes I want to be granted. Buang masa only. Anyway, granny took care of it. Dont ask me what she did to it or how 'it' fell into the vase. I dont know and I am not interested to know. 1 thing for sure is, I never use it as a hiding place after that. Geli!


That's just one of the many stories. Whatever it is, one thing I always remembered is, I am never 'ngam' with this Mid Autumn Festival. Despite of how many cold drinks/ice creams i would give up to stay in good health come the festival, somehow or rather, I am always down with some kind of sickness - asthma la, cough la, fever la, sorethroat la....never fail. Very 'chun' one. This year, its sorethroat & fever. No 'chow kai' one.. just a matter of how serious it is. Strange eh...? Somehow, i figured out the reasons why. Its complicated. So let's just not get into it. :)


Anyway, nothing much I did today except for attended Tracy & Calvin's wedding lunch. Even though it was just for a short while, it was a very warm and nice reception. Just like to wish the newly weds 'Congrats' and 'Zhou Sang Kwai Zi'.... hehehehe. =)


I wanna go find the moon now (in my dream). Goodnight. Zhong Qiu Jie Kuai Le!


3 comments:

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

u're right l saw children playing with lantern the past 2 nights, l even push my mom to see them played infront of my proch, but today none, and it started to pour real heavy at about 9.30pm. Lost the moon too.

i said...

No moon or lanterns in sight either at my place. Looks like it's not a popular festival anymore.

Redbabe said...

No moon in my dream either.