WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hair Modelling for Joico

(this the group photo)

I was invited by a friend to participate as a hair model for her company on Monday. Her company planned to print a new catalogue for the hair colour which they are distributing, called Joico. What I was supposed to do was to volunteer my luscious lock for their experts to work magic on and present their creativity. Well, I need the colouring and they need my hair. It's a win win situation, why not? Furthermore, can be a bit glamourous…. Ok wat….

The only downside was, I was rotting from 11am till 8pm there to get my freaking colours done. Reason was, there are more heads than hands. That's why. So have to wait patiently for my turn lor.

Well, I arrived at the in-house salon not so punctual, slightly after 11am. Afterall, I am the 'hair model'. Being the diva I am, must act a little like a diva. Just kidding. I was almost punctual, just that I've to go a couple more extra rounds to find a carpark. Finally got one, not quite a legal one, right opposite my destination. But, what the heck! There are hundreds of illegally parked cars. By time they come to mine, I'll probably be gone already. As long as they don't tow it away.

As I arrived, I was whisked off to the conference room to wait. Whisk konon.... to sound a bit glamourous mah... I managed to catch a glimpse of all the other hair models and I was petrified. All of them look barely out of college. Petrified not because they are young, but because I am old. Sad-nya!

While I was waiting in the conference room, some of these young models came in. By observing them alone is sufficient to keep me entertained for the rest of the afternoon. I think, that they really think, that they are real models. Cause, personally, I think they tried too hard to look cool & be 'in'. It was hillarious. Of course there are few that are friendly & 'real'.
I finally got my hair done at 8pm. Mine is a combination of copper & purple layering with a black colour base. The result was stunning. At least I think so. The combinations make it redder than copper or purple. Nice. I like red. After all I am Redbabe mah.. Red hair match my car.. match my nick also… :D
(this is my second hairdo for 2nd shot. my eyes so big... a bit like alien... lols)

Went for the photoshoot in this studio in Shamelin yesterday. It was fun despite of the long hour. We started at 11am and got everything wrapped up by 7pm. Tiring but a good experience for a free hairdo. Oh, also plus a bit of glamourous feel..... lols.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waaahhhhhhhhhh.....I got supermodel friend!!!!! Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Anonymous said...

Why you never smile one???

Redbabe said...

yeah.... wwweeeeeeeeeeee..... lols

harlo... supermodel mah... must be cool & lan si mah... cannot smile one....lols