WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Damn Viruses

My laptop is detoxified and rejuvenated now after its ‘Spa’ session at Low Yat Plaza last Saturday. It’s performing better and faster now. With the new immune system (antivirus), hopefully it will stay healthy for a long time to come. I still haven’t had enough money stashed away for a MacBook (it’s just something cool that I thought I should have, but I haven’t really weighed the pros & cons of switching to an Apple as yet). I guess for time being, I just need to make sure that my ‘orange’ can last long enough till the next epidemic of viruses. Damn viruses.

Things have been pretty crappy these days. Besides my laptop crashes, the so called ‘fungal’ infection on my skin seems to be getting worst. Somehow, the medications, cream & soap prescribed by the doc last Thurs seems to aggravate it further. It was all red & inflamed. I’ve been experiencing tremendous burning & itchiness on the rashes since last Thurs. Couldn’t bear it any longer, I made a phone call to the doc and was asked to drop by her clinic this afternoon. She said my rashes could be allergy to something. For time being, she would just give me another cream to bring down the inflammation. At this moment when I am writing this, the inflammation has reduced quite a bit. The burning & itchiness is almost gone too. The doc says that we will have to slowly observed and see what new things I’ve acquired lately to narrow down the cause of the rashes. It almost blurted out from my mouth that the only new thing that I’ve acquired lately is my new husband. Does that count? But thought better of it. Damn viruses. Am making me not even thinking straight.

My granny’s health has not been good either. She actually suffered another mild stroke which affected quite a bit of her mobile skills; i.e. walking, bathing herself, swallowing. She is finding it hard even to swallow food or drinks as she constantly choked herself. She gets out of breath whenever she is caught in one of the choking frenzy. We can see that she is very fearful of eating or drinking. Nevertheless, mom encouraged her to eat bit by bit slowly and she makes her yummy porridge, easier on the swallowing part. The reason for choking, in laymen’s explanation is, the stroke weakened the muscle at the back of her throat resulting in her air valve not closing fast enough whenever food or drink are being pass thru to the stomach, therefore, causing it to enter into the wrong path thus, the choking. I think. My mom has temporary stopped business at the stall to care for my granny. To watch over her, to bathe her, to feed her as well as helping her to re-strengthening her throat muscle using the lip trainer. Hopefully, it will reduce her choking a little if not a lot.

Goodnight. Hoping for a better tomorrow. Sweetdreams.

No comments: