WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update on PP - Acupunturist

Thank you to all of you for including our PP in your prayers and well wishes SMSes. Sorry for not able to reply. Everything is so haywired at home that most of the time, I dont know where my mobile is. Our PP's critical condition on Tuesday has been stabled. She is still strong & kicking (literally). Really, kicking.
Sept 16, KLCC, Afternoon
I met up with Josephine for lunch in KLCC after I finished running some errands in town. While waiting for her, my mobile rang and it says 'Mommi'. My heart missed a bit on seeing that. Answered nevertheless. At the other end of the line, I heard her were mumbling in between uncontrollable sobs, saying something about PP is breathing very hard now and she felt that this is it. No matter how much i've braved myself to face this day, i was disoriented and just stare blindly to the crowd below in the main concourse. All I remembered was, I said a silent prayer. A prayer for the Almighty to take her fast and let her not suffer more if her time is up and also to provide all those who love her, strenght to accept it.

We had lunch at Little Penang. I had only 'hak lor mai' dessert (black glutinous rice soup). It tasted horrible. I am not sure whether is it really that bad or perhaps I just not in the mood for anything. Josephine was worried. I remember I kept mumbling thru how we should accept all these and etc. Honestly, I am scare. That's why I just want to constantly remind myself to accept come what may, and most importantly, to be strong.

Back at home, I just clean clean & clean. Swept & mopped everywhere, wiped all dust, do the laundry, aired the pillows, cleaned & refilled the hot water pot, wash down the toilets... I dunno what else. I was on auto-mode. After that, I just packed up my overnight bag and waited. When Harrison got back, I just told him I wanna go home.



Sept 17 - Kluang
PP's condition is bad. Everyone is back home. But she is better compared to yesterday when mom called. But, still bad. Her breathing is back to normal. She seems to lost control of her nerves. She is constantly moving. Her arms, legs, body... it is not spasm kind of movement or parkinson's, for eg, she would lift her right arm, then another second would be her left leg, then her right arm and so on. Then she would move her abdomen. Every seconds she is moving. This resulted her in constantly sliding further down the chair and we have to lift her to upright position almost every minute. This is very tiring for us as well as for her cause she is not able to sleep/rest at all with her limbs moving all the time.

Her head is constantly turned to right. Her eyes on the other hand is constantly staring to the right top corner and look glassy. Eventhough she lost practically all her 'motor' skills, her mind is still there. She is still able a very slight nod for 'yes' or turning her head left right very slightly to indicate 'no'. She is also able to lift her arms or legs when we asked her to.

We managed to brought her for acupunture today. Personally, I think she hated it, or maybe frighten of it. I don't know. Cause she moves a lot and quite aggresively towards the end of the session till couple of needles were flung out. Whatever it is, acupunture is good for her condition and we have signed her up for 10 sessions. The difficult part is getting her there to the acupunturist. I am just very worried how my mom going to manage it. The whole process is quite tedius. Carrying her into the car, out of the car into the clinic, hold her down for half an hour during the treatment, and later into the car again to head home, then out of the car into the house. Anyway, I just hope after the treatments, it will make her feel better.


(taken on 11:30pm, 16 Sept. It's a beautifully lighted up roundable with thousands of blue twinkling lights. Harrison just go round and round the roundabout for me to snap this)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...

I will pray for por por. Please send my regards to your mom.

Also, so funny la Harrison, going round & round!!! Hahahahha...

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

thks alina, l'll take good care of myself, not to worried, its' tiring sometime, but so many good people out there keeping us in their thought and prayers my tired is all change into 'LOVE'.

Redbabe said...

Thanks Alina... :) yeah... he went round and round. Ended up stopped by the road to snap.

Anonymous said...

PP is in my prayers... and so are you and your family members.