WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My new toy!!

When my mommi dearest was here last week, we were in need of a sewing machine urgently. And that's when she decided to get me one as my 'ka jong' (dowry) and I almost fainted. Dont get me wrong... I've nothing against a sewing machine. Just that I've never really touch (as in use) a sewing machine my entire life.
Once, I brought back my mom's machine from kluang cause I was thinking of trying to sew a curtain (pretty ambitious). It wont be that difficult right? I actually clean up the machine till it look almost brand new (plenty of hard work le...). One fine day, I decided to start my curtain project. I opened up the machine, getting all ready to sew only to realise that I have no idea at all on how the thing works. I just stared at it and i start to wonder.. hmmm... what makes me think i know how to???? In the end, I just packed everything up, send the machine back to Kluang, mission failed. That's my closest encounter with sewing machine. So now u can imagine my reaction when mommi dearest says she is getting me a sewing machine as 'ka jong'. I just smirked...."huh? hehe".
We managed to locate SINGER in DU thru recommendation of a sales assistant in Kamdar. The people in SINGER were really nice and helpful. The cheapest machine with basic features (not that i can tell the difference) cost a freaking RM700! After much talking, we concluded on a 2nd hand machine which cost only RM350. Its working perfectly fine, just that it's a little yellowish and its not new. I am happy, mommi is happy, everyone is happy. Even if u give me RM5000 machine, it still look the same to me la...... :p I am still trying very hard to sew a straight line. Our Myammar labourer can sew better than me. So, on our way home, I asked my mommi dearest...

Me: "hmm.. ahem... mi ahh... so, i've to bring along my sewing machine on my wedding kah?".


Mommi: "hahahaha....nolar.... you can bring it over after u kahwin la... otherwise sure kena kutuk from your in-laws say I so kedekut... buy u 2nd hand machine".
Thank god! Lolz.....otherwise sure gonna look funny if were to carry a sewing machine over during 'gor dai li', so ulu like that... hahahaha. So, this is my ka jong sewing machine.


As I've promised in my previus entry, I'll show u my completed little project. Here u go....

Taa... daaaa...!


(A ring pillow)

My first sewing project!!!! Nice le...... but not fat enough la.... my cousin la.... didnt stuff enough fibre inside... so kedekut!!!!!!!


Anyway, to conclude, despite not knowing how to operate this machine, I simply love it. I've even set up a sewing corner at home. Thank you very much my mommi dearest...let's just hope it will last for at least 3 years.. lolz....

8 comments:

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

at last.....phewwww.... she can sewed....yeah....that little pillow looks great rite, looking at it feel so good isn't it?

Serena said...

Cuteeeee pillow... Me oso want :(.. Lol joking. My cross-sticihng project is left abandoned.. And I use the excuse 'I've no more of that colour thread!'. Btw, I'm really outta that thread haha

traCe said...

Nice pirrow ahh!=) you and your mommy memang talented in arts leh~ I think I will destroy the machine huahauhaua

Yorkie ah.. u fast fast kau tim your cross-stitch let us see ya~

Redbabe said...

yorkie.. i got plenty of cross stitch thread...... i give u. tak tau apa mau buat with it...

i said...

Nice! Can sew one for me? Hehe...I'll probably end up like Tracy..destroy the sewing machine.

Redbabe said...

errmmm...sew for u????? u wait la huh.. slowly wait...lolz...

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

wat she meant is u wait until she is professional sewer, hahaha, u want meh irene? her 1st project lei

Redbabe said...

yalor... that's what i mean lor.... i look at my first project i also malu la... hahahaha.... next time la... let me be more pro first... then i'll sew for u.