WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

I am cheap

I havent done much shopping lately... actually, i dont shop. Its not my fav past time (unlike my mommi dearest). I would only buy things that I need. As for clothing, I would buy as and when there is anything that attracts me. In order to attract me, besides the design, it has to be cheap too. My defination of cheap would mean not more than RM25 for t-shirts, not more than RM50 for nice blouse and pants/dresses should not be more than RM80.
I hardly buy any clothes these days cause its simple so blardy expensive. You can call me a cheapskate, I dont give a damn. It just not worth buying. And I noticed that for ladies clothings, the lesser the material, the costlier it is. Strange, but true. Sometime ago, I wanted to get a pair of nice cargo shorts (you know those sexily rugged type). To my horror, the long cargo pants cost RM89.90 and the short ones cost RM119.90. Yes.. its true RM30 freaking more expensive for lesser cloth! What kinda justice is this???
Besides the lesser fabric for more $$, I've also concluded that the twice a year MALAYSIA GRAND SALE is a cheat! The nice stuff are always in the 'New Arrival' section where there will be no discounts. The others so-so stuff will be marked up first and then only be offered with a discount ranging from 10%~30% (serupa no discounts). Then the rest of the REJECTED stuff which have lipstick stains, missing buttons, stucked zippers, XXXS or XXXL sizes will be thrown into a big pile and offered a 70% discounts. What for???? Think we are tong sampah or wat???
Anyway, during my expo in KL recently, I had the opportunity to go window shopping in KLCC while waiting for the traffic to cease before going home and I bumped into some really good deals in PDI. Nice cut cargo pants going for 50% discount!!! Yup, unbelievable. So I strained my eyes to look for the fine prints, half expecting to see 50% only for 2nd purchase & etc.. u know, the usual stuff that conned us and there were none. I bought 2 pairs of cargo pants for RM89.90 only! What a treat!!!




Last Friday, Harrison & I were at MidValley to check out the newly opened Garden City (nothing much there la... nice la.. but all branded....$$$$). I managed to pop into FOS in MV and bought myself 2 nice cut-in singlets for RM9.90 each! wooohoooooooo! Also, found a lovely pink colour MORGAN short sweater with a big enough hood (am currently crazy with hooded sweaters) for RM69 only. I know its a little expensive, but its MORGAN! Real one... with label and all....


So, with my findings, I conclude that the twice yearly MALAYSIA BIG SALES is a cheat. If you dont wanna get conned, and wanna get a good bargain, save your money and shop only during the Ramadhan & Raya month. Its worth it.

So, I am a cheapo and I dont give a shit.... my blog is not generating enough money for me to splurge as yet. So for the time being, my 50cents is bigger than the bullock cart wheel!

p/s: am currently eyeing another black hooded sweater from AX!! that one would cost me RM300. I know.. i know.. but it is AX!!! I want it in my wardrobe NEXT MONTH. Don't care.... (psstt.... sponsorship are welcome)

4 comments:

Serena said...

Wow wow wow. Nice clothes there =). You know what I wear?? Ermm, hand-me-downs sometimes XDD.

Redbabe said...

hehehehe.....i dun have bro/sis to hand down anything.... but i do wear lots of hand me down also from friends...

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

sponsor......hinting??????

i said...

My sentiments exactly! How can something that uses less materials costs more? It boggles the mind.