WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Kajang is a 'Hot Soup' town!

I've always love food... good food that is. But never crossed my mind to blog bout it until now. So, from now on, you will find food appearing in my blog once in a while.

Since its a holiday today, I told Harrison that I would spend him really nice lunch if he is coming with me to my uncle's factory in Kajang as I wanna checked out some stuff and he agreed.

When we reached, there were no one in the factory. My uncle has gone out for lunch and we decided to go for ours too. So I brought him to this place.


(Kajang's Hot Soup)

Apparently, this is not the original one I was told. The original one is situated in some wooden houses nearby. Unfortunately they are closed today. So, here we are, at the not-so-original shop (just my perception). Nevertheless, this shop has been around for at least 5 years. Personally, I feel this one is equally yummy. Here are what we ordered.

(4 Big Heavenly King)


We both dont take petai! Dunno why ordered also. Saw other table eating. Looks yummy.

(Fa Tiu Kai = Chinese wine chicken)


Ermm.. pronounce properly arr... 'Fa Tiu Kai'... otherwise will sounds like you saying some bad words... Fa.. Tiu Kai.....hahaha......it is actually chinese wine chicken in claypot. The chinese wine is called 'Fa Tiu'. Its a signature dish. Very yummy. My favourite.


(Lat Thong = Hot/Spicy Soup)



This is the star in this part of town. Another signature dish. Something similar to 'bak kut teh', just that instead of herbs, it's pepper soup. Instead of 'bak kut', they used slices of pork and chicken. Hot & spicy.

Harrison enjoyed his lunch so much so he had 2 BOWLS of rice!!!!


Overall, we had a great lunch. At the end, Harrison foot the bill. I guessed he enjoyed the food so much till he forgot that I supposed to be spending. I just buat tak tahu lor......shhh...!

Note: So guys, Kajang is not only known for its 'Satay'... but also its 'Hot Soup'. You can find them all over the place.

10 comments:

traCe said...

yummy yummy! The soup and chicken smells good..

Serena said...

Looks yummy =)

Redbabe said...

Haha... can smell by looking ka?

Anonymous said...

it looks so good!! can you send it to kansas? lol.. elaine

i said...

LOL this would probably be Trace's next assignment. Kajang here I come!

Redbabe said...

haha... yeah tracy.... go check it out. You will love it. I can bring u there if u want...lols.

Elaine, kansas? errmm..... u just print out the picture and stick it on you bowl can arr? lolz....

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

wow, must go eat my next visit to kajang

Anonymous said...

lolz.. such a nice idea. i might try it tomorrow for dinner. u think it'll work? hehe. i think i won't read your blog if you have pictures of malaysian food. it's torturing me!! lol

Redbabe said...

elaine: muahahahaha.... you cannot resist one....lolz...

Anonymous said...

Well said.