WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nothing important... just some thoughts

Having not been on a 'real' job for almost 4 years, I am actually pretty glad this time round to be getting back to work.  Like what my other girlfriend said, "Welcome back to the rat race!".  But there is no where that I wanna race to. :p  I am contented just to go to work.

I was having a conversation with mom the other day re the job while she was in town and she said... "Good to be working in this company... have opportunity to grow.." and I replied, "I am just a small fry, where else can I grow?".. lols... and she replied ".. CEO"..  we both had a good laugh over that.  That was just a joke.  I thought it was rather funny to share.  

Many lamented that I am just plain lazy that's why I choose not to work.  Or rather, I am living off the husband.  But who can be certain who is living off who?  :)  But I guess all these bores down to different mindset.  After all, variety of people spices up the world.

Throughout this period, I was offered not once but many times of a full time employment.  Both from my existing company as well as some other companies and I've turned them all down without hesitation.  I don't know.  I guess I just needed 'my time' rather badly that's why.  I started working right out of college in 1996.  After more than 10 years of working day in & out, piling on responsibility after responsibility (and it usually gets bigger and bigger too), I just had enough of it.  It dawns on me what's the point of having more money when I don't even have time for myself?  I rather enjoy my hot coffee in the garden than having a Gucci hanging on my arm. :p

I consider myself blessed these past 4 years of non-real-work.  Money simply falls from the sky.  Don't ask me where, it's a secret.  :p  hahaha...  I guess if one wishes to takes 4 years off, it is really, not impossible.  One just need to reorganize one's life and plan well ahead.  Reduced liabilities, increases alternative incomes (online biz, direct selling, part time job, rental collections & etc) and prepared to cut back on luxuries (Gucci, Prada, Anya & etc).  It was just that simple.  Once you have all that in place, toss in your letter.  :)   Like I said, sometimes, all it take is just a simple hot cup of coffee in the garden to make one happy.

But then again, I am never ambitious to begin with or I would not have taken that 4 years off. :)  To the ambitious ones, that would be a total waste of time.  But to me, it was a gain in life!  The luxury of doing things that my heart desire, visiting places that I wish, waking up to nothing stressful or crucial, enjoying the malls at it's most non-peak hours (i.e. during the work hours), catching up with friends over lunch/coffee/dinner, indulge in my hobbies of various crafting/gardening/baking & etc.  Besides these 'fun' things to do, of course it also comes along with the not-so-fun things to do as well like chores - houseworks, groceries shopping, bathing & grooming the furkids & etc.  Since I am the one at home that doesn't work for 'real', everything else involving the house will be my responsibility.  This is what some said, you win some, you lose some.  But I would say, I still wins them all. :)



p/s: Some of you may ask "so why I decided to work now?" and this is why... (1) I am beginning to get bored,  (2) I miss working and most importantly, (3) I can't get Anya Hindmarch & Canon 7D out of my head. :p



2 comments:

What I Did Today said...

Heehehehe! I like your reasons for not working AND your reasons for going back to work. I am soooooo happy to not have to work. I love being at home with the kiddos, doing whatever we want to do. :P

mun said...

So when are you starting or have you already started? From what you wrote, I guess you are not working at your previous company where you worked part time, is this correct?