WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, May 27, 2011

I was in Paradise (a month ago)

This is a long overdue entry.  Another trip taken to our little 'paradise on earth' a week prior to my starting work.  Hmm... a rough estimation, about a month ago?  Wow.... this is truly overdue-ed.   Thousand apologies.  Hardly have time to do anything else these days let alone updating blog.  Sigh...

It has been 3 weeks since I started working and on average, works end around 7+ every day.  No, I didn't pretend to be hardworking.  There is just simply too many things that needed to be done.  The earliest that I've had left office was yesterday.  At 6:30pm.  For once, the sky was still bright when I left work!  Hahahaha....  
By the time I got home every evening, after all the dance classes or training,  I would look exactly like Dino, the cat in the picture above.  Drop dead in bed within seconds after showering and blow drying my hair!  
Was out last night with the Fernandez and our instructors for supper after our training.  The occasion?  To celebrate my first pay of course... hehehe... We ended up bitching about some 'stressful' stuff and by time we got home and settled down, it was already 2am.  This morning, when the alarm went off at 7am, I told myself to go back to sleep cause today 'no work'. :p  Luckily I realized I dreamed the 'no work' part.  :p  Hehehehe....
Anyway, back to Ruby's Resort.  Nothing beats a cool Ruby's Ice Kacang (shaved ice) after a long drive from KL to Cherating!  It has been like a ritual.  First, check-in.  Next, ice kacang!
I don't plan to blog too much about this paradise of our's.  By now, I bet you have know this place really well already.  Right?  Will just let these photos speaks for itself!  
Some local guys fishing out at the beach caught a stingray!  Immediately I imagined it bbq with sambal (chilli paste) and mixed vege.... *hungry*.
Here, a young pet monkey belong to a shop owner we visited. The poor little fella were chained up while we were there for dinner.  Seriously, don't understand why would they want to keep a monkey as pet?  Aren't monkey supposed to be a wild animal?  Unfortunately in Malaysia, I think we have too much monkeys and the government wouldn't give a peep if you keep one. :p
This is where we had our first dinner.  Limbong Art, a souvenir shop with a 'nasi kukus' (steam rice) stall  by it's side.
Generally 'nasi kukus' would come with a piece of fragrantly fried chicken and some 'sambal' and spice condiments.  Here, fragrantly fried chicken in the making!
Taa daa!  The verdict,  hmmm.... I wouldn't say it is not yummy cause it is yummy in it's own way.  But I guess their version of 'nasi kukus' are just a little too bare.  No gravy, too little 'sambal'.  Other than that, I pretty like it.
This is, apparently, famous fried kuoy teow in Cherating.  We went for it after Nasi Kukus.  Verdict, I don't quite like how it tasted.  Couldn't really figure out what taste it was.  Totally don't like it's presentation.  Look like some not very healthy pile of poo poo.... :p  I know... *ewww...*  hehehehe... You know I am right about that!  Lols....
We chance upon someone's bright idea here! *lightbulb*  hehehe... Found this humongous lightbulb by the beach when we were all out for a walk after dinner.  Actually, I conned them into believing that there was a turtle up at the shore, laying eggs. :p  They believed me.  
As usual, I woke at 6:30am trying to catch sunrise!  Caught a moon instead!
Ruby's Resort in the wee hour of the morning!
Breaking thru.... sky turning pinkish!  *love*  The sea look super calm isn't it.  
Fishermen were still out at the sea at that hour.  Wonder what time do they all goes out to the sea and what time to they return.  Hmm... Note to self: Do a one-to-one interview with a fisherman when opportunity arises.
Naturally, I got bored waiting and decided to entertain myself.  I imagined I owned that beach!  :D
There you have it, another photos of sunrise at Ruby's Resort, courtesy from my sacrifice.  Lols... 
Can you spot the crab?
Though I've shot this numerous times, they were never once same.  Every sunrise is unique.  Colours, clouds formation, sea reflection.... *super love the orangy sea*
Ahh.... now, I wanna go Ruby's Resort pronto.  Wish there were some kind of portal that we can simply zap over.  You know, like the magic door frame from Doraemon, or that floo network from Harry Potter & etc.  So easy and convenient.  Then I would be able to go for a quick dip + fresh air and zap back home as if I never gone anywhere!  Awesome.
The wild blooms along the beach were not really nice this time round. I guess it is not blooming season. Spotted just few purple blooms. I call them Ruby's lavender. Even that, they look rather pathetic. Nevertheless, the green are still very nice! 
The whole waking up early thingy, was not so much for shooting sunrise.  Actually, I enjoy the peace and quietness at that hour.  Finds it rather zentifying to stroll down the beach looking for objects to photograph..
Check out the many red angry blemishes on my leg.  They were actually a result of sand fly bites from Avillion Resort (Port Dickson) which I went two weeks prior to Ruby's.  I tell you, that was the first and the worst I've ever been bitten by sandflies.  More than 20 bites.  Super itchy like shit.  The more I scratch, the worst it became.  Since then, I've developed some kind of phobia for beach.  Now, whenever I am near one, I'll drenched myself in insect repellent.  Yeah, I will still not stay away from the beach.  Lols...

Note: If you ever get bitten by a sandfly, never ever scratch.  It will get seriously ugly and worst.  Never apply mopiko or anything minty.  Apparently, according to the pharmacist, the ingredient will make it worst too.  Same goes for hot shower.  No no.  Get some insect bites cream with antibiotic from the counter.  It does really help.
Silhouette of Evie against the backdrop of sunrise.
Back at the cafe, found Dino snuggled into the cap of a friend. Super cute!
This is Princess.  New addition of Ruby's family.  A super samseng (rough) female labrador.
Trademarks of the resort.  The many scribbles of praises from guests who came and went.
Famous 'har mee' (prawn noodle) in Cherating manned by these ladies.
Verdict, though ok, still a little bland.  Can be better.
And of course this too.  We tried another restaurant this time round.  River something... :p  Verdict: Would certainly be back.  Their stuffed crab are less oily!  I like them this way! 
Some other food besides the crabs.  Here, calamari!
This is Rumba, my lhasa apso, chillaxing out by the beach.  This trip, they didn't get wet in the sea cause mommi is too lazy to bathe and dry them... lols...Anyway, they told me they are not such a big fan of swimming in the sea and rather give it a pass. :p  Hehehehe....
Tree trunk of love (or whatever that is left of it).
The boys enjoying the sea!
Oh, this one.  Sunshine's tail.  Lols... 
This is another nasi kukus stall in Cherating.  Famous one.  Long queue ok for takeaways....
There were 8 of us in total.  We ordered 8 packs to be eaten there and additional 8 packs to takeaway for supper!
Verdict: Super yummy.  It is situated in Kemaman's pasar borong.  Just ask around.  There will be people pointing you to the right direction. 
After nasi kukus, it was durian.  Our king of fruits.  The gang couldn't resist when we drove passed some fruit stalls.  Quality of durian - somewhat way below expectation.  Not a big fan of durian myself.  But I will know if it is good. 
Another tropical fruit we have. I can't remember it's name though.
Back at Ruby's, found this two little rascals playing in the bushes.  They were found abandon in a dipilated house.  Was rescued and nursed back to life by Ruby. 
Hyperactive kittens.  So difficult to get a good shot of them.  hmmrrfff!
And this, you should know by now, is Stout.  Ruby's black labrador.
Our marks for the trip right below all our previous trips!
Angry birds dogs in the boot.  :p  Time to head back to earth.  :)

Though this whole new work life is super hectic, I am getting a hang of it and beginning to enjoy the whole hecticness.  :p

3 comments:

Big Cow said...

yeeeerrrrrr........makes me wish June 18-20 will come ASAP!! :D

Where is this nasi kukus in Kemaman ah? i very want to try!! :D

I see Small Cow's message!! on the gate!! :D

mun said...

The sand fly bites look really nasty! Thanks for the advice on what to do but I don't think I will want to get any bites at all.

Is the name of the tropical fruit - Salak fruit?

Redbabe said...

Big Cow.....soon soon... June 18-20 will arrive soon. :) Aiya... just take a drive up anytime la... lols...

it's at the pasar borong Kemaman. You ask aunti ruby. She wl tell u. ;)

Mun, yup, it is NASTY. Those shown on the photo were already 70% subsides. It wall all red, yellowish, like some alien disease like that... look so gross!

Yup, yup, Salak it the name!