WELCOME to my blog.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Shining Sun & My Origami Boxes

I've been wanting to make some boxes and finally kicked it off last night.  I used to make them out of nice wrapping papers.  This time round, due to not wanting to spend more money, I decided to make them out of some car magazines I stolen from the husband collections.  
And to my surprise, it turned out rather prettily and not forgetting, GREEN too. :)
I had fixed a blue flower behind the cover so that it would hold the pearl knob that I've attached on top.
Since last night, I've made 7.  It takes an average of 40 minutes to complete one from cutting of papers to folding them together.  It's kinda thereupedic too.  Keeping the mind busy and when completed, they look so pretty.

Now just left to fill them up with some goodies.  I always tell friends that the box is the real present.  The goodies inside are just supplementary. :)

By the way, we just collected Sunshine home a moment ago!  And she is back to her usual self despite of the operation wound on her abdomen.  I think she disliked the cone-of-shame more than the pain from the wound. :p  Thank God all ends well. :)  

4 comments:

mun said...

Good to hear that Sunshine is recovering well. Wow, you are really good at making things with your hands - nice boxes! :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I wish i had some talents like that...those are amazing!

Redbabe said...

Thanks girls. The husband bought me this 'Origami Boxes' book years ago and it has since been my most valuable book. I simply love stuff like that.

When he saw my boxes yesterday, he said... "you are good at these kinda stuff. unfortunately you don't do them always". I replied.. "I did. The last time I did was 5 years ago! Lols..... -.-

Cammie said...

lovely boxes! hard to make?
i guess you just have the talent. it looks complicated!