WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas at Home & Yummy Food Outside ;)

This was what I did yesterday after got home from work at 5:30pm.  Gathered all the presents which I've left all over the house and arranged them nicely on top of the piano.  I've been lazy this year.  Didn't put up the Christmas tree :p  The thought of having to drag it out from somewhere in the storeroom plus the thought of having to take it down and store it back when everything is over kind of put me off :p .  After all, am not having any party at home this year :D
But... but, I still make an effort with that two santa hats and the reindeer hairband ok :)  Not bad la... When the husband got home, he said he can feel Christmas in the air!  Hehehe... 
Every Christmas, I would usually buy a big roll of Christmasy wrappers to wrap up all the presents.  It sort of like a theme la.  All presents same wrappers.  This year, didn't do that either.  I just made use of whatever I have.  Balance of whatever wrappers I have, whatever wrappers that I salvaged from presents that was given to me and wrappers that I bought along the way when I couldn't resists it's prints.  :p  
Not too bad right for a lazy bummer!  lols....
This is what we (the husband & I) did yesterday evening.  We decided to go out for a feast!  Recommended the husband to this new restaurant (Richwell) for some yummilicious 'sang har mee' (fresh water prawn noodle) and it we actually almost licked the plate clean.  Hahahaha...  
Besides the noodle, we also had these Baked Lamb Chop and the husband kept commenting..."Hou sek, hou sek...!" (delicious, delicious).. hahahaha...

Richwell is a not very new restaurant situated along the same row of GreenView (another restaurant famous for 'sang har mee') near the Rothman's roundabout.  You will not missed it as you turn into SS2. It is smacked right at the corner where there are lots of little fruit stalls.

Prices are pretty reasonable too.  Example of the prices for the noodle dish for 2 pax are as follows:-
RM30 for small size prawn
RM40 for medium size prawn
RM50 for large size prawn.

Halfway thru my lamb I told the husband that the night would not be complete without some sugar down at Buonasera (an Italian restaurant) which was just a short drive away.  Hehehe... And so, off we went to Buonasera for some sugar!
Enzo, the chef/owner spotted us as we walked in and came over with his menu.  I told him we were just there for  dessert as I was still dreaming of his Double Chocolate Lava Cake which we had on Sunday.  Lols... He laughed and said to his waiter, "One Double Chocolate Lava Cake over here and it's on the house!".  

We felt kinda bad about it.  If we had had our dinner there, the complimentary dessert would be fine.  But we actually walked in just for the dessert and he refused to collect our money.  Sigh...  Note to self: Never ever go to Buonasera just for dessert however mouth watering they are!  Lols...

As we were leaving, once again we insist on paying for it and again he refused to accept.  He said this... "Really, don't worry about it.  See you on Christmas Eve and remember to bring me 3 girlfriends!!!"... hahahaha...  He and his never ending girlfriends request...Lols....

What a satisfying day!

8 comments:

Terri Chai said...

Lets go!! Lols!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

i am salivating as i read the entry...the food looked amazing...recipes...please post when you can!

Redbabe said...

Terri: Hahaha....

Ms Pancakes: Hahaha... I didnt cook them. We ate out. So, no recipes :(

Alina Grace said...

Babe!!! I was with Enzo the other day and told him that I will be bringing a couple of girlfriends for a all-dessert thingy which includes you and Shereen......and he said to give him 2 days notice and he'll prepare desserts out of the menu for us....

Kekekekekekek.....he said as long as my girlfriends are sizzling hot!!!

mun said...

Nice Xmas display on the piano. Good for you to recycle your wrappers.

Redbabe said...

Alina, so when?

Mun, thanks. that's the laziest thing i could do for this xmas! lols

What I Did Today said...

Oh my gosh! That cake looks sooooooooooooo good! **drool** And your presents display is awesome!

Redbabe said...

Thanks WIDT. The cake not only look awesome, it taste awesome!