WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas & Winter Solstice *burp!*

Happy Christmas people!  :)
Christmas started pretty early for us this year.  Our first Christmas dinner was on the 18th (a week prior to xmas) at Modesto, spent with good food and good-er company of our salsa friends... hahaha.. ya.. good-er.  New word before end of 2010.
Throughout the Festive Season, it was just continuous feasting.  Oh boy... With all those yummy food, I think I've piled on some extra kilos.  My poor dance partner would have to suffer when the training start next year!
All these photos are courtesy from Alina and friends, which I stole them from their FB.  I was too lazy to take pictures.  Whenever there is good food and good company, photography is never a priority.  Hehehehe....  Good food come first.  Update on good gossips come second.  Photography comes after all that is done.  Lols..
Here are some photos taken with friends before the dancing start.  Actually it should be before my hair starts to get messed up with sweat!  Or that my face start to shine with all those...lols...
Alina and I.  From this photo, realized my hair had grown so long as compared to a year ago!  Time to do something about it.
We played secret santa for that party and my secret santa got me this!  A ticket to Aquaria!! Yippee!!!  Will head down there when the school holiday is over (so that I won't get squashed by parents & their kids), have a field day on my own, snapping away or even a little heart to heart with those sharks in the aquarium there :D  *excited*
Next was the party with The Deliquenos at Zouk Cafe in The Gardens on 21st.  The Deliquenos, is another bunch of salsa friends whom I met thru another dance school near my house which I joined last year for couple of months.  This bunch is the real crazy and fun ones.  Despite of the crappy food served here (the crappiest of the crappiest) and the crappy service, we all had so much fun.  As you can see, our theme for the night was green shirt, blue pants and a red santa hat!
I had seafood aglio olio or something...  it looks good.  But it doesn't taste good at all.  Pretty spicy too.
The husband's carbonara fettucine or something.  So-so only.  
Cheers!
We each brought a gift worth exactly RM15 for gifts exchanging.  Not a cent more, nor a cent less.  It gotta be exact RM15.  That's the rule for the gift!  I bought two lovely diaries from Loccitane, RM15 x 2, one for the husband and one for myself to be brought with us to the party for exchange.
In return, I got a 'good luck' cat!  Just in time for Chinese New Year!  Hehehe.... Trying to balance luck above my head in the above picture!
The husband got this mini exercise ball.  It was all in pink and I couldn't resist and tried to inflate it immediately.  It was too cute to resist!  But now looking at this picture, I think I am cuter than the ball... lols... the husband have no eyes see (mo ngan tei).... hahaha...
There we are, despite of the crappiness, we had so much fun.  Love this picture.  Very Christmasy.
And this is the cutest picture for the night.  Hehehe.... The consequences of not dressing to the theme.  Our friend here came in light blue shirt and trying to pass it off as light green!  We all had a vote and concluded that it is BLUE.  And so we stuff that mini exercise ball under his shirt, make him walk like a preggy woman all the way from The Gardens to Cosmic Bowl at the old wing!  Lols...
It was a hillarious sight!  And mind you, the pre xmas crowd was maddening.  Everyone was staring and laughing away.  Lols...
At Cosmic Bowl, it was a game of the fairer sex Vs the not-so-fair sex.  Lols...  It was one hell of a game with all those teasing and distractions.  We were like the noisiest group there... it was so funny.  I played an unbelievable crappy game that night.  Must be the crappy food and the crappy service at dinner thus the crappy game! Blaming blaming blaming...lols.

That night, besides celebrating Christmas, it was also a surprise birthday celebration for Penny.  Halfway thru our bowling games, WK took over the PA system of the arcade and announces the birthday celebration over the loud speaker followed by a birthday songs sang by Derek and out come the cake!  Penny was surprised!!!  She was like... "huh????.....".  It was good.  Simple and nice.
After the game, as we were walking thru the mall, decided to take a group photo at the already closed Bodyshop's booth.  Lols.  I thought this photo were rather cute too.
At the main concourse, where all the bears are put up as Christmas deco, which I would never get a chance to take a decent photo thru the mad crazy crowd during normal mall's hours.  I seized the moment.  I look so 'in love' in the photo.  The bear on the other hand look so BLUR...  hahahaha...
It was 'Winter Solstice Festival' (DongZhi 冬至) the very next day.  One of the most important festival celebrated by us, the Chinese.  It was also a time for family get together.  That evening, we gathered for a sumptuous feast (yeah, eat again!).  A typical full course chinese dinner - vege, fish, sharkfins, abalone & etc... *burp*  Lols... it was extra special cause mom was coincidentally in town.  So it was good to be able to celebrate this occasion together.  It has been awhile since we last celebrated major festivals together. :)  No, I didn't take any photos of the food cause like I said, when there is good food, that gets the priority first.  Lols...
Other than dinner together, another tradition for the special day is the making and eating of tangyuan (glutinuous rice balls) which symbolizes reunion.  I was too lazy to make them from scratch.  No, actually I was too busy with the party the night before and the working Wednesday, I bought those ready made ones from the supermarket instead.  Just left to boil some syrup with ginger and pandan leaves and throw those balls in to boil!  Voila!  Hehehehe...  Still, nothing even come close to the ones I used to have in Kluang.  

Note:
I just learned from Wikipedia that this Winter Solstice is celebrated on a day when the sun is weakest and the daylight is shortest!
Rest for a day and here comes Christmas eve!  Nom nom time!  Again we are at Buonasera.  This has been our third year.  We simply love Enzo's turkey and Christmas pudding!  In fact, were just there again last night with The Fernandez (Alina and Family).  
Enzo brought out the turkey for us to take a picture before taking it back back into the kitchen again to be carved and served.  Lols...
Menu for the festive season.  We finally tried their prawn bisque last night and I am still thinking about it now.  Lols.... 
The carved turkey.  The texture was moist and tender and the flavour was superb.  Ma ma mia!  Super love!  I think I wanna have another go at it before the year phase out...lols...
All licked clean!  Hehehe.... If whatever I cooked ends up like this all the time, I would be the happiest person on earth beaming from ear to ear!  hahaha...
And here comes the Christmas pudding!  Super moist fruit cake in some cognag gravy plus a vanilla ice cream on the side!  *gulp*

This year, everyone came equipped with presents!  We were so excited and immediately exchanged presents the moment we sat down.  Hehehe.... I got mom and mom-in-law a Frances Yip's CD, dad-in-law a collection of oldies, sis-in-law a bracelet, bro-in-law some stuff from Bodyshop and 2 cousins, those handmade boxes of mine that was filled with eclairs!  Last year, I got the husband a Garmin GPS.  This year, I wanted to get him an Iphone4.  Unfortunately, they are out-of-stock everywhere.  Just too bad... :p *rolling eyes*... hehehehe....

Other than the few presents I received, I love this the most!  It was from mom and believe it not, she lugged it all the way from Singapore to Kluang to Kuala Lumpur!  Lols.... She wanted me to guess what it was and I simply couldn't guess it!  At the back of my head, I was like, don't tell me this is a doll house!  hahahaha...  She went on and said... "Go ahead think.  What is it that you wanted that is big?".  I was like... "hmmm... the biggest thing that I wanted is already walking around at home! (i.e. the husband)"... hehehehehe....
Amazingly, when the husband got home, he immediately got it right on a second guess!  He is good or what?!?  Mom said he knows me better than I know myself!  Hahaha.... how true!
So, here it is, my brand new Singer sewing machine which I so very LOVE. :)  I can start experimenting with new sewing projects.  I told mom I gonna sew her a blouse (seriously, I know nuts about sewing! Lols...).  She said as long as it is printed with "My daughter sew me this", she will wear it.  Hahahaha...

No comments: