WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, December 6, 2010

A New Experience Gained - Fuel-less

Friday morning
Woke up groggily and told the husband to take my car to work instead cause I need to pick a good friend from the airport and needed the extra space his car can offer.  

Friday afternoon
Drove to the airport via MEX (highway).  The immigration queue was exceptionally long and slow that afternoon.  Waited for an hour before my girlfriend appear at the arrival gate.  Happily off we went, downtown thru MEX again.  Stopover at  an incense shop along the way to grab some prayer's stuff for the house (me), and her, for a temple she planned to visit.

Spent and hour and a half catching up at FullHouse in town, while chomping down our late lunches.  It was good.  In fact, always good catching up with her.

Friday evening
Left FullHouse at 6:30pm.   On way to drop her off at her hotel, amidst the crazy Friday traffic, right in front of KLCC, the husband's car died on me.  Only then I realized the fuel needle was pointing at 'E'.  Even that took me a second to digest.  E = Empty? or E = Enough?  :p  

With all the impatient traffics horning at me from left right and center, I called the husband.  Told him not sure if it was empty tank or just malfunction.  Nevertheless, bring a can of fuel.  :p  While waiting, managed to get help from some security guards who were making rounds within the Twin Tower viccinity to push my stalled car to the side of the road, away from the cursing traffic.

My knight in shining armor (can of fuel) arrived 45minutes later with a can of fuel in hand and a smile on his face.  It was more like a snigger than a smile. :p  I think he was enjoying every minute of it.

Friday night
Dropped my girlfriend off at her hotel and hurried over to ex-schoolmates gathering somewhere else.  Was 2.5 hours late.  Still good nevertheless.  Catch up on gossips, exchanged presents (early mini xmas gathering) and finally called it a night at 11 ish.

What a day!

9 comments:

mun said...

You sure have a patient and kind husband. Can still smile (even if it is a sniggle) with a can of fuel in hand, hehehe. Some husbands would have blown their top over things like this.

Redbabe said...

I did told him while he was filling up the car. That, I thought he would be angry. He just say there is nothing to be angry about but instead, pretty hilarious to find his wife ended up with a empty fuel tank (he never imagine I would have this day).

What I Did Today said...

Hahaha! I HATE running out of gas! Glad it all ended up well anyways. :)

khim said...

that's a clever choice of word -- fancy defining the fuel as your knight in shining armour! :))

Redbabe said...

WIDT: I wont say I hate, but it was a good experience nevertheless. I always wondered how it felt like to run out of fuel while driving. Now I know. :D

Khim: hahaha... actually I was defining the 'armor' as the fuel. lols....

khim said...

oops! interpretted wrongly -- it's your knight "with" YOUR shining armour. whatever the preposition, it works both ways. brilliant, interesting play with words :)

Redbabe said...

Hahahaha.....tq tq *bow*

Cammie said...

hey very nice post. i enjoy reading this.
wow, i wonder what my hubby's reaction if told him my car ran out of fuel!?

Anyway, sms me if have time to meet up. The Daisy (gebera) i am giving you has a small flower bud growing...

Redbabe said...

KamYean, you can try and see... hahahaha... It is really unbelievable. Never imagine i would have this day! Lols...

I am getting so excited now after reading about the new geberra buds!!!!!! Can't wait! Am meeting up with the primary convent girls tomorrow. I think i'll only be able to meet u next week. Will call you. Thanks ya!