WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, October 1, 2010

My Second Sony Walkman MP3 Player Within 15 Months.


Remember this? My Sony NWZ-200 Series Walkman MP3 Player which I received sometime in June last year as a "I am sorry" gift from you-know-who?  Haven't been using it for awhile until two weeks ago when I am back on track, running again, training for my mini marathon.  

But when I saw this, a newer version to the one that I am having, which a friend/ex-colleague/office-mate/fellow runner is using, I fell head over heels with it and wish I have one of that too.
I know you may be wondering, what's the difference?  Well, let me tell you.  This is an enhanced model as compared to the one that I have.  Better water resistance, better plastic holder, a cover on the usb port which were non in existence priory (preventing oxidization), better magnetic strip which is anti-rusting.  But, since I already have mine, no point wasting RM299 for another one right?  Afterall, I only have a pair of ears.  I don't need two sets of walkman.

Then, something happened.  Two days ago, mine died on me suddenly as I was walking home after a run in the morning.  Nothing I did could revive it.  I've only owned it for 1 year 3 months and used it for less than half of that duration.  Trust me, the heartbroken part is greater than the friction of joy I felt.  Yes, there is a friction of joy.  Just a tiny bit for at last, a reason for me to replace it.  

But as I thought more about it, somehow the heartbroken/joy evolved into anger.  I really not willing to spend RM299 for a brand new one however much I wanted it.  Rather spend it on the Nike+ Sportband which I've my eyes on lately. :p  In the end, I decided to just send it in to Sony to see if it is reparable.

I told the guy behind the counter to hurry the repair as I need my walkman and he said he will try his best and state that usually for cases of walkman malfunction, they will replaced it with a new one.  I went like.. o.O , is this for real??!  Without realizing it, I shut my eyes, placed my palm together and went... "I wish I wish I wish hard hard I get a new one!" out loud.  The husband laughed and I told him to wait and see. ;)
And guess what, I got just that.  What I've wished for and what I've been drooling over.  A brand new walkman of the latest model!  Sony called me within 24 hours and told me that they have rectified the issue with my unit and that I can collect it anytime I am free.  He added before hanging up... "We are replacing your's with a brand new one!".  I went like... "Yay!!!" and he just laughed... lols...

How wonderful life can be sometimes.  

6 comments:

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

Ermmmmm...that power you have always work, hahaha

What I Did Today said...

Yay is right! That is soooooooooo awesome! I wonder if this kind of good luck would happen more often if we'd go to the manufacturers with problems more, instead of just throwing the old out and buying a new one.

Alina Grace said...

The Power of The Law Attraction!!! I so believe in that! Your story is a living example! Congrats, babe!!!

Redbabe said...

Mom & Alina: Yup. It works all the time and I am a firm believer. Wish it, want it hard enough, imagine the joy of having it, then wait for it to manifest. :)

W.I.D.T.: Yay! Yay! Yay! hahaha... you are right. Seriously, my first thought was to throw it out and go get a new one. Thank God my second thought came. Lols...

missyblurkit said...

wow. the law of attraction!!!!

reckon i will get mine too. hehehe to the addition of another shuffle:P

Redbabe said...

missy: hurry hurry... the army print ones are absolutely yummies!