WELCOME to my blog.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Face Threading Experience

I've always noticed that I've lots of fine hair on my face (quite a hairy person actually).  No, not gorilla kind of hairy but those really fine and light coloured fur hair.  So on one of the trip back in Kluang last month for Mid Autumn Festival, I itchy backside decided to go for 'face threading'.  Reason being, I've this strange idea that it will result in less pores being clogged up, less blackheads, less breakouts thus smoother and brighter skin. :p
One look at this expression I bet you can tell that it was painful.  Trust me, it was.  Tear jerking kind of painful.   Droplets of tears were forming at the corners of my eyes.  For the first 60 seconds, on that chair of torture, I wonder why did I put myself thru it. - Answer: Vanity.  Lols.....

Short history:
An ancient method of hair removal practised by the Persians for the eyebrows and spread amongst the Iranians for the entire face. 

Procedure:
The practitioner hold one end of a thin, twisted cotton thread in her teeth and the other end in the left hand and rolled it over untidy hairlines, moustaches and so on, plucking hair at its' follicle level.

Advantages (own observation):
Inexpensive (mine was RM25), fast & neat.  Face appear smoother and make up stays.  The pain can be rather enjoyable after awhile... :p

Disadvantages (own observation):
Can get pretty painful at the beginning.  Slight itching & reddening after the procedure. 
Once I got used to the initial pain, it wasn't that bad.  Quite alright in fact.  Only when it come to those sensitive parts - around the lips, it was torture all over again. :p 
Personally, I find this is more painful than when I had my tattoo done.
The end result.  True enough, less clogged up pores thus less blackheads, less breakouts.  Smoother & brighter skin too.  Will I do it again?  A definite NO, NO & NO.  :p

7 comments:

missyblurkit said...

I like threading for eye brows. Much neater, faster and more natural. I wonder who can recommend a good one.

Redbabe! Wanna go threading together?

Redbabe said...

Ermmm........ :P Eyebrow only? I might consider. Lols

I think you can find a good one somewhere in brickfields. :)

Mrs. K said...

Your facial expression is priceless. LOL. I agree with missyblurkit about about the eyebrows. I get my eyebrows threaded and although I still can't get used to the pain I do prefer it to waxing for similar reasons that you described. I also think that it last longer than waxing. I give you a lot of credit for trying period :)

Alina Grace said...

OMG!!! You actually went for the whole face! You damn brave! Kudos to you!

I don't think I'll ever have the guts to do this.

Redbabe said...

Mrs K: hahaha... priceless eh? Lols.... There I was suppressing the pain... And there he was the hubby busy shooting every shots of my agony. :p

Alina: Yeah... Vanity. Lols

Redesign Diva said...

ROFL!!! OMG I had that done about 4 years ago...it was terrible i even bled a lil...Girl! It was not good...and a def no no no for me too!

Redbabe said...

Hey Redesign Diva, thanks for popping by :) OMG, Your face threading sounded far worst than mine. Yup, a def no no no. Lols......

p/s: sometimes i couldnt quite believe the extend we would go in the name of beauty. to think of it, it is pretty maddening!