WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Gist Of Everything Last Week

There are so much to do these days and I hardly have much time to sit down, organize my brain and blog.   I gonna just sum everything up.

The Accidental Agent
I recently decided to join a Unit Trust team to gain more knowledge on my own investment.  I am never a finance/investment person to start with.  It usually takes me longer time to decipher financial stuff.  That's why this decision.  Knowledge gaining.  And, I accidentally passed my Unit Trust exam two weeks ago after attending a one day course.  Accidentally cause I wasn't prepared.  On the morning of the exam, of the 6 sample exam sheets that I have, 50% of the one sample sheet I picked to revise on came out in the exam.  The 'lucky' wind must be blowing my direction lately.  First I got the walkman I wanted for free.  And now, the passing of this exam.  :)  Believe it not, I am now an official Unit Trust Agent.  Lols...  
Dance class
Participated a new class on Monday night which I somehow always conveniently forgets throughout the day (to the extend of planning what I wanna do that night, movies, or shopping) until I was on my way home from work in the evening, it will suddenly dawn on me and I'll go "Oh shoot...!".  Haven't quite implanted it in the system yet despite of having attended it for the last 3 weeks. :p  What's happening?!
Morning JogAWalk
Our 3x weekly jogawalk started about a month ago has been reduced to just once weekly for the past week and this week.  Past week cause my legs were aching from a new dance I was trying to master and this week cause of the damn flu bug. :(  I actually went for it yesterday morning hoping it will chase the bugs away.  I always have this strange notion that, as long as I keep working, the lethargic-ness will go away.  Sickness will cure.  Unfortunately, it was just wistful thinking on my part.  It actually got worst.  For the whole of yesterday, the only picture that kept popping up in my mind was this 'battery low' icon.  I actually fell asleep on the couch while watching tv.  My batt must be really low.  Finally depleted after so much activities for the past month.  Quite lasting also....
Mambo Jambo-ing
As it has been quite sometime since we last went clubbing (7 months ago), it was time for us to head down to Zouk again to make our presents felt and we did just that last Wednesday.  The excuse was to celebrate our 10.10.10 run.  Yeah, it's lame I know.  Just another excuse to party and drink.  Hahaha.... Despite of the not-so-good crowd, we had a great time & got home only at 3:30am!  Lols.  Not-so-good crowd was because, on the few times that we were there, we actually have bouncers protecting us from all the attentions we had; people buying us drinks, people wanting to dance with us.  That Wed, we didn't get much attention cause the club was filled with gays from an earlier event nearby. :(  So, it was sort of boring la... what to do? We love attention.  We feed on it.  Our way of evaluating our market value.  Our confident booster... hahahaha.... Agree?

Car Workshop & Women
Being an 'ok' automobile-savy girl, I was awoken by a phone call from Flor the next morning after the night out.  Still feeling rather groggy, all I heard was, is it ok to pay RM3k+ for the repair of 2 doors (auto lock  & power window mechanism), a steering wheels plus a brand new stereo?  I was like... wtf?  Overhauling a whole van cost only RM3k and this few things cost RM3k??!  In the end, had her sent the car to our regular workshop and in total, it cost her only RM1.3k.  Should have been able to save more if she have not felt obligated to let the first workshop fix something which cost her RM600+.  Typical daylight robbery.  I really hate all these car workshops/accessories shop.  I think when they see us women driver coming into the shop, all they see is just $$$$$.  Ask any 10 ladies and I bet 9 out of that have experience this.  They are suppose to help us.  Not take advantage of our ignorance.  Tsk tsk! How many of you ladies out there experience an episode with these dishonest workshops?
Horror Flicks
After picking Flor from the workshop, she convinced me to watch this horror flick called 'Child's Eye'.  Having not watch a horror movies since dunno when, I was actually kinda excited despite of my reluctance.  Throughout the movie, 80% of the time, I was hiding behind my shawl.  I tell you, when I went to bed that night, I was already imagining things and spooking myself out.  Lols... I am super useless when come to things like these. Hehehehe... despite of shielding my eyes with a shawl, I can still see shapes thru it ok...lols...  Can't see it's eyes, nose or any facial expression.  Still, it freaks me out.  :p  At one part, Flor went "just look at the dog, so cute cute one, not scary one"... yeah, the dog may be cute cute and not scary, but the dog is barking at the spirit ok...lols *faint*
Went for an early dinner at Italianese after that cause we couldn't resist the delicious smell when we walk pass it.  Found ourselves a nice table with a good view, ordered two latte and a classic pizza!  Blissful. At least it calms the nerves a little after the first self imposed torturing ordeal. :p

Ex-Schoolmates Gathering
From 4 confirmed pax, it became 3, then 2.  Lols...  Went ahead somehow cause personally I prefer smaller group gathering.  At least I get a chance to really talk to that person.  Coincidentally both of us left office early and decided to meet up at a karaoke nearby to enjoy their happy hour rates singing our hearts out (RM18++ per pax for 3 hours) before heading out for dinner.  It was a good stress reliever (not that I am very stressful or what... nevertheless, it is good to scream our lungs out every now and then.  Hehehe...  Eventhough it was just the two of us, we had a great time!
Car Outing
The husband had a car outing on Saturday, having nothing else to do, I decided to tag along.  The weather was crazy hot that day.  In fact, everyday for the past forever has been hot.  Sometimes, I am not even sure if it is me that is having fever or just the weather that's making me feel hot.  The outing was quite a bored.  But luckily met some other friends who were from my car group.  Not too bad. :)  I tell you, all these car outing are pretty lame actually.  All they do is just meet up at a place, go for a drink nearby, then proceed to checking out each other's car.  The thing is, what is there to see?  All cars have 4 wheels, no?  All cars have engine no? Sigh....  Didn't bring my camera.  Shot with my mobile instead.  The light from the sun setting was too beautiful to resist.  It turned out ok.  Love this pic.

Salsaing @ Modesto
As usual, we try to make it to Modesto on Saturdays for some salsa. It was a little packed that evening.  Plus the hot weather, after couple of dances, we were practically drowning in our own sweat.  Drenched thru our undies.  The weather was that hot.  I gonna so bring extra shirts for change next time.  Gonna throw out the dresses.  It gonna be just jeans and tshirt and tshirt and tshirt... 

The Day I Got The Bug
When I woke up on Sunday morning, I knew I've caught the virus from the husband.  My throat was not feeling too good  *sigh*.  I've already warned him not to pass whatever he got to me cause I am too busy to be sick.  And guess what he said?  He said... "love me, love my virus.". wtf? -.-  I made him repair a handheld battery operated fan for me as a punishment for spreading his virus to me.  :p  I know it is unreasonable, but I don't care.  >:-( 

Am glad I finally feeling much better now *fingers + toes crossed*.  Kept popping pills every 4 hours.  Need to get well as soon as I can for I am due for another adventure in 5 days time.  Can't afford to be stopped for H1N1.

And here you have it, a gist of everything last week. Goodnight!


6 comments:

Jessyca said...

Wow~ so many things in 1 blog ^^ A very fruitful week

mun said...

Congrats on passing the Unit Trust exam! May I ask which unit trust funds that you are selling? Public mutual?

Redbabe said...

Jessyca - thanks for dropping by :) yeah, it is indeed a fruitful week. i think it gonna be the same for the next couple of months... omg.... 0.0 lols

Mun - yeah, public mutual. purpose are more to knowledge gaining la...

Cammie said...

haha....i also do not watch ghost movie...watching it is like torturing my mind

missyblurkit said...

faster recover. and get back from your trips soon. we need to start our joggies walkies runnies together. no gila partner...quite boring. aunties and uncles asking where is my tall friend:P

Redbabe said...

KamYean - yeah man... very torturing lor. especially when i am in dark corners. My imaginations will start running wild...lols

Missyblurkit - so now we are in the aunties and uncles league already huh? Lols