WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Running Routine, Banana Cake and Choc Chips + An Impromptu Visit

It's 10:30am now and I am feeling so... SLEEPY.  Have been waking up 6:30am both yesterday and today for a morning run/walk with a friend who is staying nearby.  Very semangat hor (motivated)?  Felt that way too... no choice la... have to push myself a little or I'll never make an effort.   I think having a training buddy does make a whole lot of difference.  It makes running/walking fun!  I actually look forward to it despite of those ungodly hours.  Anyone who knows me can second that I am never an early bird.  You can have the worms. :) The only thing about this whole new routine is, I just need to train myself to hit the bed earlier. 

I had a great afternoon yesterday when a very good friend whom I haven't met for a while decided to pop by for a visit and hang-out a little.  Was it 4 months ago since we last met?  Hmm.. about there la...  Seriously, nothing beats an afternoon like this - great company, enlightening conversation, freshly baked treats, aroma of coffee lingering in the air (I think I imagined this one out)... ahhh... heavenly!  Yea, co-incidentally, I baked more Banana Cake with Choc Chips yesterday cause I wanna get rid the bunch of leftover bananas that was still sitting on my kitchen top and that, explains the 'freshly baked treats'!  One step into the kitchen, my girlfriend went... "Wah... u baked these? You became so 'yun liong suk tak' (homely) already...".  And I replied... "Yeah, since Sunday" hehehehe... crazy girl.  I gave a loaf to her to take home for her family too.

I thought yesterday's batch turned out rather weird.  The colour & texture were a little off-ish.  But everyone  seems to love it and that 'everyone' includes a non-banana lover, a sweet-toothless person and my husband who actually whacked three quarter of  a loaf for supper which I actually reserved for a friend. o.O  It must be good then.   But then again, the husband's review cannot be counted as one cause he is suppose to whack anything I served with a big smile + encouraging words, even if it tasted toxic.  It is in the contract of our marriage. :p

Anyway, if you wish to attempt this cake at home, here are the ingredients you may need:-

5 ripe bananas, mashed (add a drop of banana essence into it)
125gm of butter (soften)
300gm of castor sugar (I used only 150gm cause I added choc chips)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
150gm of flour + 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda + 1 pinch of salt (sieve together)
35ml of milk
Choc chips (quantity as you pleased :p)
(1) Creamed butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
(2) Add beaten eggs a little at a time into mixture.
(3) Next, add in mashed banana.
(4) After that, fold in sifted flour and milk alternately.
(5) Throw in choc chips and mix.
(6) Pour batter into loaf pans.  Half filled.
(7) Leave in preheated oven to bake for 30minutes at 175deg celcious.
(8) Once baked, turn out the cake and leave to cool on wired rack.

Note: Usually I takes them out when they turn golden brown.  To test if it is thoroughly baked, poke a toothpicks thru it.  If the toothpick comes out covered in batter, then you need to leave it in the oven a little longer.  If the toothpick comes out clean, then your cake is done!  Oh yeah, remember to preheat your oven at least 20 minutes before putting in your batter ok.  :) 
Happy trying.  Why not make this your little project for this weekend and update me on the outcome! :)  I  would love to hear from you. :)

7 comments:

missyblurkit said...

gonna cuba then deliver to your place if it turns out fine:D

Alina Grace said...

Wow!!! Looks and sounds absolutely delicious!!!

Redbabe said...

Missy: Can't wait. ;) *I think I can smell them already*

Alina: Not only 'look' & 'sound'... taste absolutely delicious too. hahaha...

What I Did Today said...

Ahahahaha! I love that your husband has to eat everything with a smile and nice comments, even if it tastes like poison!! Hahahaha! I should get that put in OUR marriage contract. Then I could serve fish more often! Thank for the laugh!

Redbabe said...

W.I.D.T.: Hahaha... I sux at fish too! The best fish I can make are just fish fingers. Thanks for dropping by!

mun said...

Hhmmm, I love to eat banana cakes. Yours look yummy! You have a talent at baking and cooking, keep it up! :) I seriously do not have much interest to do either :(

Redbabe said...

Thanks Mun for your kind words. Unfortunately my talents only happens sometimes... lols. Most of the time, I would rather not do anything. Lols...