WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Of Birthdays Dinner and My CFM Heels...

This is a long overdue post mainly due to mad August for us.  August had been hectic.  Social calendar packed like sardines in can.  Finally found some time to look thru my photos and steal some from mom's blog cause I left my camera at home that night.  Yeah, I know.  Me leaving the camera behind, what's the odd?  Well, think pretty clutch purse vs large obscene bag.  Of course pretty clutch purse won! :p

Since Harrison & I gotten married more than two years ago, come every August, mom will travel all the way to KL to celebrate our birthdays together which were just days apart.  This year, she arrived a day earlier prior to our long planned Cherating trip to celebrate the occasion with a nice dinner.  I know it is cruel of me to be doing this to you at this hour of the day, but what the heck.  

PLEASE BE WARNED: DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU ARE HUNGRY.
We let mom choose the cuisine she prefer cause Harrison & I really ran out ideas as to what to eat and mom suggested that we go for seafood!  When it is seafood, it has to be SS14's Unique Seafood for us.  That's us explaining to the captain how we like our seafood to be cooked.
There were only just the three of us and we ordered (1) Drunkard prawn - fresh prawn cooked in rice wine.  Yummeh!
(2) Evaporated milk prawn - my favourite.  Mom can cook a really nasty one too! :) You must be wondering why two prawn dishes.  Well, I couldn't decide which I like more.  So we ordered both. :p
(3) Giant Bamboo Clam cooked with glass noodles & garlic - nom nom nom.... superlicious!
(4) Kailan fried kailan - everybody's favourite.
And this fella, which was later being cooked to...
(5) Snow crab in salted egg yolk... lols... and last but not least,

(6) Seafood Yee Mee - birthday mah... must have noodles to signify long life.  Which in the end was packed home for breakfast next day.  Lols...  over indulged.

When it comes to seafood, we have long decided that we just go to Unique - fresh, reasonably priced, stress free, save petrol rather than travelling all the way to somewhere we are not familiar for some overpriced frozen seafood and getting lost along the way.  Even PP seconded that when she was still alive. Hehehe...

Anyway, Though there were just three of us that evening, we had a great time pigging out. :)  Love these photos of us shot thru her Sony.  Lovely lovely!

Oh yeah, mom bought me a present too.  All wrapped up in love love wrapping papers.  Cause I mentioned before that I love opening all wrapped up presents.  It has been a long time since I last received presents that are wrapped up.  
I wonder whatever happened to that culture.  Daily lifestyle got too hectic to even spend sometime wrapping presents?  Hmm...
And this is it!  Taa...daa..!  My birthday present from my mom.  A pair of lovely pink peep toes with bows details. :)  Finally wore it last night to dinner with Terri.  One look at it she went... "Nice.. very nice... like CFM shoe...".  I was like... "CFM Shoe?!?".  She replied... "Come Fuck Me shoe....".... hahahaha... what she meant was... very girly hau hau shoe.... lols...  

Nevertheless, though CFM, though a little tight, still loving every inch of it.  Thanks mom!  They are pretty!  Just ignore Terri.  Lols


6 comments:

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

Glad you like it, and go tell Terri the next time she play MJ with me, she is going to pay for the CFM brand...hahaha

mun said...

Yummy, yummy! Glancing at your post gives me a feeling of deja vu until I read that (you wrote that) some photos were the same as those from your mom's blog.

Redbabe said...

Mom: hehehehehe....

Mun: Haha... for moment, it must be confusing!

Alina Grace said...

Oooo...food looks great!

Terri Chai said...

Hahahaahah!
Aunty Deron: Just kidding ok... My definition of CFM is.. NICE!! Very nice!! Every gal should have at least 1 pair :D
So when are we playing MJ :D ?
Christian misses his Baby Dog... said wanna visit Aunty Por2 and Baby Dog.. Lols!

Redbabe said...

Alina: your loukung can cook the kailan dish!

Terri: ..err.. ahem!