WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, September 24, 2010

A Satisfying Day of Friendship, Baby Plants, Houseworks, Salsa & Run

I had a rather fulfilling day today.  Did a lot.  Super lots.  Very satisfying.  Wonder where did all those energy comes from.  These are what I've accomplished today:

(1) Lunch with an ex schoolmate.
(2) Bought stamps from the post office.
(3) Stucked 250pcs of stamps onto 250pcs of cards (don't ask).
(4) Did 3 loads of laundries.
(5) Hand washed some too.
(6) Folded & put away a basket of clean laundries.
(7) Weeded my mini garden a little.
(8) Ironed a basketful of clothing.
(9) Bathed Rumba & Sunshine.
(10) Attended salsa class.
(11) Got home from salsa and went for a run & completed 3km!

Amazing huh?  O.o  Wish  I have this kind of energy everyday.  Then more will be accomplished.    Most of the time, I will be pooped by nightfall unless there are some interesting happenings going on la... like lepak chill session with friends, salsa parties, touge outings...  die die also must find energy for it! :p

As I mentioned, had lunch with an old classmate this afternoon, who, I never really get to know much throughout our 5 years in secondary school.  Not sure why.  It was just like that la...  It was my new hobby (gardening) that brought us together this time round.  She read about my attempts in gardening in "Simple Happiness" and offered to cultivate some baby plants for me!  This is awesome or what....?
Belladonna Lily - Pink & Red

The best part of the whole 2 hours lunch was not just those baby plants she had for me but, I suddenly realized the other part of her that I never knew.  She is not only smart, but simple and down to earth  too.  You know, one of those people when you talk to them, you know they are 100% sincere kind.  Yeah, those lor...  I am so glad 'gardening' had brought us back together :)  
Elephant Ear Plant.  I think 'Love Love Plant' suits it better.  :p

Got home at 2:45pm, it was all about laundries, laundries and more laundries after that - washing, drying, folding, ironing... *faint*  Not forgetting 'stamping', weeding, bathing the dogs.  All 3 hours were spent doing those houseworks.  Never ending works.  Just need to get them all out of the system so that I've a clear mind to concentrate on other things in hand for the next few days.

Now you know why I am so busy even though I only work 2 days a week.  To put it in a more correct way, it should be, I work 2 days officially and 3 days unofficially.  5 days week still.  Sometimes may stretched up to 7 days week.  So don't be envious too early. :p  Hardly have any time to myself these days... sigh...

As I ngam ngam finished blow-drying the doggies, the husband walk thru the door (as if he already timed himself so that he don't need to help out :p).  It was already 6pm and I asked "Hey... you think I can squeeze in a run or two before we head downtown for salsa?" and he replied... "Don't be over ambitious." Hahaha... like that la... my pillar of strength.  Lols... 

Anyway, when we got back from the class 3 hours later, still feeling rather ENERGIZED, I went ...

Me: I wanna go for a run can arr?
Husband: Huh?  Now?  
Me: If not it is ok.  I can always run tomorrow.
Husband: *look at the clock* Ok, you need the training anyway.  Let me shower first, after that, I'll walk along you.
Me: *touched!*

Hahaha... So I jogged, he walked.  Up and down the street.  People must have thought what kind of mad girl jogs at 10:30 at night cause that's usually what I would thought whenever I see people jogging at that hour...  Actually no, I didn't just 'thought'.  I usually will just blabbered it out loud... 'GILA (MAD) PEOPLE JOG SO LATE!!' hehehehe... :p  So I guess now I am officially one of those GILA PEOPLE... :p  Nevertheless, I enjoyed every bit of it!!!

4 comments:

Alina Grace said...

Hahahahhaa....looks like you had a very fruitful day! That's GREAT!!!

mun said...

Go go go! Run run run!

missyblurkit said...

wow! energizer bunny:D

Redbabe said...

Hahaha.... yeah man... :p But am pooped out already.