WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Randomness in Kluang

Was back in Kluang over weekend.  Couldn't believe that it has been more than 8 months since we last gone back.  If not mistaken, it was for Mid-Autumn Festival last year.  Still the same saying, time flies.  I guess because mom was here in KL almost every month, it didn't felt that long too.
Mom took a day off on Saturday and we went makan-makan, shopping and movie.  Watched 'The A-Team'.  It was really nice.  Here are just some random photos to share.  Didn't take much.  As usual, breakfast at our famous Kluang Rail.  Our kaya butter toast is still no.1!
That's Dollar, hiding under the settee.  She is a Miniature Pinscher with an attitude problem.  A very 'bad-hearted' dog I would said.  She dislike my doggies, Rumba & Sunshine, and will always pick a fight with them.  At one time, I've no choice but to reprimand her.  And from then on, she will find every opportunity to pee on my shoe and on where I sat.  Evil... evil dog... *shake head*.  Oh also, she is a female dog that marks territories like a male too...  identity crisis.
A view that I am so familiar with.  That's the gate of our house.  The gate that I've crossed thru a million times.
The many family portraits which my mom compiled and framed hanging in the living hall.  Mostly of the five siblings and their parents (my grandparents).  I wonder, how many of them have this in their home?
And on another wall, of something more recent.  Some of which are compiled by me.  The graduation photo of a little girl in red, is me.
My mom's lucky cat waving to the front door welcoming good luck.  Lols...
This blue eye beanie white tiger used to be PP's favourite (also Rumba's favourite).  She kept it on a shelf next to her bed.  She used to have a yellow one too.  Unfortunately Rumba found that one.  You can imagine whatever happened to the rest of it.  :p 
This red B&H plastic box with gold trimmings should have been with the family for more than 30 years easily.  My grandparents would keep all their important documents in it and locked it away in the drawer of the dresser.  Such secrecy and yet the key can usually be found easily on top of the dresser.  People of that era have the most peculiar way of hiding keys.  Eg, spare keys to a room can usually be found right above the door. :p  Hehehehe.... Anyway, scrutinized the box yesterday and found out what B&H stands for.  B&H = Benson & Hedges.
Found this piece of document kept nicely in a piece of plastic.  It was PP's license to carry out food business.  Though dated 1993, it looks more like 1983.  That was how PP look like in 1983.  :p
PP's dresser.  Still strong and solid.  The quality of things back then were never compromised.
The many stickers on this drawer validate the presence of our childhood once upon a time.  PP would usually grumble whenever we stick something somewhere.  But it was usually too late to remove them by time she found out. :p But then again, the stickers those days were of much better quality.  Hehehe...
This is Million, behind bars.  Hehehe...  She is an adorable little thing.  An Australia Silky Terrier.  Can get pretty annoying when she is on whiny mode.  Mom installed a small gate at the doorway to keep her out of the kitchen.  
This table has also been with us for more than 30 years.  Was told by my grandpa a long time ago, not sure from where he got this piece of wood though, but it was a huge piece.  Out of that huge piece, he had it made into several smaller tables some of which was given to PP's siblings.  I wonder are the others still stood strong like ours?
One of the many doorways in our home which I used to climb up (one leg on each side) with my young uncle who has long gone to heaven too.
Fashion guru in the house.... "No Fashion No Life" konon... the shorts that he was wearing at that very moment were so torn that I am too embarrass to put it up.  Lols... But I do like the effect of this photo though...
The evil dog.
The hallway where we used to run up and down play catching or where we used to roller skate (PP screaming down at us for damaging her terrazzo flooring).  Felt like so long time ago...

Mom & us went down to karaoke too yesterday afternoon to sing for 2 hours after she finished all her cookings.  For only RM27 nett in total (RM9/pax), we get to sing for 2 hours, free one soft drink each and a pack of kacang putih to share.  We had a great time... you should hear my mom sing to Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance'.  It was hillarious!

4 comments:

Big Cow said...

omg... the toast bread... makes me salivating like mad... cant wait to go back kluang next weekend :D

Redbabe said...

hahahaha.... I knew you would salivate when you see it...lols...

Alina Grace said...

Wow....I love all things old and antique. Leaves a tinge of nostalgia as well as class....

Redbabe said...

Yeah Alina... Nostalgia nostalgia. It is these things that felt so hard to let go. It is these things that validate our once upon a time. Sigh....