WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bali (Part 1) - The Consequences of Traveling With A Girlfriend

This is the result of going to Bali with a girlfriend.  Shopping shopping and more shopping.  
Bought more than a dozen of slippers - for myself, mom, girlfriends...  Bargained until I was stomping on my feet.  Hahahahaha...  As for the weaved bag, bought it cause better bargain mah if buy more.  In total, we bought 4.  Madness.
Bought countless number of jumpers - tie dyed, flowery, plain pink, yellow, black, blue... almost all the colours they have on their racks.  Been looking for these for ages.  We both went berserk...
I've even bought these miniature ones for my god daughter.  She gonna look so cute in it.
And we each bought one of this.  Our Princess Jasmine's jumpsuit.  Hehehe...  The highlight of our 4d3n trip has something to do with this.  Terri bargained till the aunty got so fed up and threw her calculator.  It was so funny.  Of course we didn't buy from there after that.  Terri wanted it so badly and went hunting for it at other shops on her own while I was stomping my feet bargaining for the slippers.  :p
The rest of the clothes that I bought.  On average, each pieces cost less than RM10.
Bought two of these 3 compartments purses which Terri claimed to be extreme useful and insisted that I should get one for my mom too.  She said... "one compartment for money, one compartment for cigarettes and one compartment for phone".  Very convenient to take out for lunch time.  The thing is, I don't smoke and my boss buys me lunch.  I only need one compartment.  I bought it anyway.  :p
These beaded purse were just too pretty to resist. :)  We bought like 8 of it I think.
And as we were both on a shopping spree, we simply couldn't resist buying these too.  Ginger coffee for myself and teas in batik lipstick pouch for friends.  They make pretty gifts.
Ralph Laurent polo shirt for the man.  It was cheap apparently even though it cost US$45 each.  It looks good on him.  Plan to get few more.

Got two of this patch work batik crossbody casual bags for RM9 each.  One for myself and one for Terri. This bag is really comfy to carry.  A must buy! ;)  In return, she bought two really fancy beaded belts.  One for herself and one me.  Beres hutang lapuk.  
Also bought a pair of this silver earrings to match the pendant Harrison bought for me on our last trip there.  :)

Other than the above, bought some other house stuff too.  All in all, spent less than RM500 on shoppings.  :)  Xtreme economical!

On the last day when we evaluated our loots before packing up, Terri went... "Oh god... I bought so many bags!"  Hahahaha...

And that, is the consequences of traveling with a girlfriend.  Lols...


Shopping tips in Bali:
1) Straight cut off 70% from their offered price. Not 50%.  Not 60%. 
2) Shop from Tanah Lot.  Not Ubud definately (they throw calculator there...lols).  Kuta maybe (if you really like the things).
3) Wears something you bought there to go shopping.  It will cut short your bargaining process thus wasting less energy.  For they would think that you already know the market price.
4) And of course, last but not least, the classic trick - pretend to walk away.  They will call out and offer you better prices.  If not, you can always buy from another shop.  



6 comments:

mun said...

Wah, you are truly The Bargain Queen! :)

Redbabe said...

Hahaha... It wasnt me. Terri is the bargain queen. I am just the accomplice. The one that pretend to walk away. Lols....

Alina Grace said...

OMG!!! You two gals literally went NUTS....I don't remember shopping like a freak when I was in Bali.

You both can really shop! Hahahahah...but really...the things are gorgeous!

Redbabe said...

Thanks! hehehe... love them all...!

LW said...

Hi! just wondering how much are those jumpers and tube dresses priced?

Redbabe said...

Hey Lucia,

Thanks for dropping by. Don't exactly remember the prices. But approximately US$3-5 each on average.

Hope the info help. ;)


p/s: eg, for the shorts jumpers, on the first day we got it for IDR100,000 for 2pcs. On second day, we got it for IDR80,000.