WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Water kena clamped!!!

Something funny happened today. I woke up at 11:30am (dont envy, just part of the perks of being jobless) and headed straight for the kitchen. Saw the unwashed rice pot sitting in the sink and decided to clean it. When i turned the tap on, it was dry. Not even a single drop of water.

I remembered seeing a waterbill reminder somewhere in my work room a day before when I was filing up all the paid/unpaid/kiv bills which were all over my desk. It says to pay the outstanding bill within 7 days from the date of the reminder. Ok, fine. Took a mental note of it. 7 days still long way more.

So, there I was, standing in the kitchen looking at the sink, thinking for the next course of action. How come no water? Perhaps there are some korek-ing work carried out by JBA that disrupted the connection. Water can't be disconnected cause am still within the 7 days grace period right?... or am I not?

Upon double-checking and double blinking my eyes to read carefully, I realised that I've read the reminder wrongly.. unbelievable, but true. I thought the reminder was dated 10/8/08, therefore 7 days still long way more. But in actual fact, it was dated 3/8/08, and 10/8/07 was the due date :p Somehow, I only saw 10/8/07...


I guess now I can be sure that my water has indeed been clamped. Can't believe that this is happening to me. Me? At the back of my head, still hoping that it is just a JBA water disruption... lolz... so I'll save on the RM10 unclamp fees.

Went to the management office at 4pm+ after my meeting in KLCC. Got a number and waited to be called. There was no one else there except for myself. Ok la... no need malu in front of ppl... so I went to the counter when my number was being called...

me: kak, hari ini court 9 takde air ke? atau I punya air kena potong??
she: u ada bayar air ke tak?
me: tak. sekarang ni nak bayar la....
she: then, air u dah kena clamped la....


Malu only... so i told her, if that's the case, then I'll pay the outstanding bill of RM36. As for the unclamping fees of RM10, I'll pay her tomorrow cause I didnt bring enough money... hehehehe....

she: macam tu, kita tak boleh unclamp...
me: tak apa la... esok unclamp pun nevermind..


Then i went on telling her how i stupidly thought 7days still long way more... she just laugh.... at the end, the kind lady unclamped my water without charging me the unclamping fees of RM10. hehehehe....

me: macam mana dia orang clamp air arr? dia orang angkat I punya meter ke??
she: tak la... dia orang ada suatu benda, bila pasang dipasang kat paip, ia sekat air ke unit u...
me: eh...? teruknya...
she: tak la... tak de teruk...

lols....so funny.... another day of Redbabe's ended pleasantly =) the point is, there are still plenty of nice ppl out there. It is just how we approach them... all it take is just a SMILE.... ;) It's not that difficult.

Goodnight & sweetdreams!

7 comments:

Serena said...

i'm so envious of u.. ^_^

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

dun worry yr time will come, and then te younger generation will envious of u, hahahaha

i said...

Hahaha very true Deron. So Serena, our advice to you, don't be in such a hurry to grow up.

Outstanding bill of RM36? Must be few months didn't settle ;-)

Redbabe said...

haha... yeah serena,listen to the sifu, dont be envious, your time of 'water-less paip' will come...hehehe

serendipity, errm... i think its outstanding from Jan - June. lolz....

Urban Smoothie Read said...

oh poor thing...

hope u get back ur water supply soon...

Redbabe said...

Hi Pacco,

Welcome to my blog =) Yes, i got my water back the same day... hahaha...

I've checked out yr blog too and its one cool site. How did you add the music?????

Serena said...

hey, i'm envious of u waking up that late lah.. not envious that i want my water to be clamped lolz =X