WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

I was conned by a beautiful picture.

I've just read a good friend's blog and learned that she is planning to close down her flower business. Sad. Like me, she started her business not too long ago.

Whenever we hear someone saying that they are doing their own business, we would always be envious of their flexi working hours, the 'big bucks' we assumed they are earning and the freedom to run the business however way they like cause there will be no bosses to report to. They never told us the in-between stories of being your own boss. So basically, we only have the beautiful picture. So, with that beautiful picture that I've painted, I embarked on my journey of being my own boss only to realise later that it is not as beautiful as I've imagined it to be.

As I've mentioned in my earlier post, we still need $$ to feed Sunshine & Rumba. So, when business is slow, it could get very very demotivating. Morale will be low... especially when we had put it lots and lots of effort, yet results are minimal or almost none sometimes. Sustaining the monthly business overhead is already a struggle let alone drawing a salary from it. So, usually we go without salary. Therefore, little luxuries in life would have to be sacrificed (don't worry, Sunshine & Rumba still gets their premium kibbles).

Besides the $$ issue, I sometimes wonder whether I've chosen the right path? Perhaps I should have just stick to my day job, chat on MSN 70% of the time and still get a salary come end of month. Easy money. Then, a little regret start to creep in. If I would have just stick to my day job, and not conned by the beautiful picture which I've painted, I would still have that chunk of savings sitting safely in the bank generating at least a montly interest. I am not even sure now, whether I would ever recover that investment.

With all the negatives thoughts created by the devil in my head, I've to try extra hard to dig deep within me for a little hint of positivity in all the things that I have started. I've to constantly try to convince myself that the picture that I've painted is indeed beautiful. Just that I need to put in a little hard work first before it become all beautiful. Kept reminding myself to be patient and persevere. Afterall, God did not built the world in one day.

I am just thankful that I've a supportive other half, who never fails to give me a moral boost whenever I feel demoralized and also not forgetting a great funky mom who always help me in whatever way she could to bring me closer to my beautiful picture.

Moral of the story is, starting a business is easy, but maintaining it is never easy. I am just sharing the real picture with you so that you won't be conned like me.

P/s: As losing my investment is never an option for me, I will try whatever I could to make it works. Will be partipating in the upcoming 2nd Malaysia International Wedding Expo in Kuala Lumpur Convention Center from 5~7th October '07. Hopefully, it will set off from there.

6 comments:

i said...

Keep going! After all, Rome wasn't built in a day!

"Ain't nothin gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh no
I got to keep on moving"

Redbabe said...

thanks serendipity for the motivation =) yeah... gonna keep moving!

Serena said...

go go go!! redbabe can do it! (=

Urban Smoothie Read said...

juz found out that u're a harry potter fan too....

Redbabe said...

pacco, yes i am. :)

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

funky mum give u full surport, if Sunshine n Rumba dun mind eating duck instead of premium kibble.