WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

A little bit of sincerity. Anyone?




Motivated by my mom, i've switched my blog from friendster to blogger. Since I've only just started with friendster not too long ago (less than 10 entries), i don't intend to transfer those entries over here. We'll just start afresh.

Sunday. It was raining very heavily early this afternoon. Wind were strong and rain were flapping against my window. It's 3.45pm now, and the rain has long stopped. Still gloomy though but cooling. It has been really warm and stuffy for the past couple of days. A refreshing change.

I've thinking about the word 'sincere'. What is the meaning of sincere? Sincere suggest depth of genuine feeling outwardly expressed with honesty & warmth and without any hypocrisy, pretense or falsifying embellishment. That is a summary of the meaning of 'sincere' that I've conjured up from Merriam Webster Online Dictionary.
Is sincerity that important? Personally, I think it is. What's the point of doing something for the sake of just doing it and not because we want to do it so that it'll put a smile on the face of someone we love dearly? Anyone understand what I am trying to say? Or perhaps I've been thinking too much, just like someone I love dearly said.

2 comments:

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

that's sincerity, "sincere to make someone smile" u are doing it out of sincerity because u want to make that someone smile. Did he or she smile? hehe

Redbabe said...

I dunno. It doesnt really matters anyway...we cant help a person to feel or think sincere... that one, they have to figure it out themselves.