WELCOME to my blog.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Thai? No? Oh!

After yesterday's waterless episode, I went on full gear today for revenge... I used water to the max. Mopped, cleaned, washed, watered my plants, refill my fish tanks and so forth... afterall, they are already charging RM6 monthly (min. chargeable amount). Meaning, my monthly water usage, in actual fact, was way below that RM6 quota...so, might as well.... Now my place is 70% sparkling clean... the revenge shall be continued tomorrow...muahahaha.....
Anyway, back to the title. I was browsing thru my photos & came across a photo that reminded me of one of the silly stuff me & my mom did. So, I suppose it is not just me that does silly stuff. All this silly-ness could just be a genetic defect.
While we were in Penang early this year. Armed with map, we (mom, me & harrison) decided to visit a nearby Thai temple which supposely have a Sleeping Buddha statue. Found a nice spot for our car and headed straight for the temple. Sleeping Buddha, here we come! The temple were magnificent, the architecture were beautiful and the design on the walls were intricate. As we were walking from hall to hall, we were charmed by all the Buddha statues that were donated by devotees (none were sleeping thou).

Mom: Peng, how come didnt see the sleeping Buddha one?
Me: Hmm... must be in one of the halls. Keep walking....sure got one. (was thinking to myself, sleeping buddha mah... how to see...the almighty is asleep!)
So we walked on, taking in all the beautiful sights (not often we visit a temple, especially my mom, so a bit 'jakun').. at the same time, the curiousity within were growing with every steps we take...where is HE sleeping? I was looking around the temple viccinity hoping to spot a building that gives a hint of the almighty... but there were none. Then...
Mom: Peng, see see.... got monk doing blessing.... let's go get blessed..
Me: Ok..

We knelt in front of the monk waiting to be blessed and dunno what else to do. Then he told us to kneel closer to him as his arms were very tired....we started to giggle. It just felt funny. After the blessing procedure, the monk goes on to tell us what a busy day he had and that he had been blessing devotees since morning...hence the tired arms. Flashing my charming smile, I began...

Me: Master, may I know where is the sleeping Buddha statue? We don't seems to be able to find it here.
Monk: This is a Burmese temple... the sleeping Buddha is in the Thai temple
Me: Oh? This is not the Thai temple??? (looking blank)
Monk: Oh no.. this is the Burmese temple. The Thai temple is across the street.

By now, my mom & me were giggling full fledge on our own blur-ness and the monk too were laughing. If it's right opposite, how did we missed it?? And ended up in a Burmese temple for a freaking 45minutes thinking it is a Thai??? Having one blur fella is acceptable, imagine having 3 of us!!!!! Sigh....at least we entertained the monk and he had a happy day I am sure!
We did found our way to the Thai temple at the end and made peace with the sleeping Buddha. Knowing my mom, she sure have prayed for luck in her 4-ekor... lolz. As for me, I prayed for good health for everyone & world peace. Very noble, I know.

Conclusion is, being silly is not because I wanna be. It's a genetic defect... hahaha... whatever it is, it is nice to sit back and be able to laugh at our own silliness.

3 comments:

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

oh.......it was so much fun n laughter, my frist trip to penang very memoriable, sure 'mountain turtle mah'.
Genetic defect? no, l just fellow te tour leader who lead the way wit a Redbabe's flag.
wah.....ha.....ha

Serena said...

so cute lah 3 of u ^_^

i said...

Like mother like daughter eh? LOL