WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Merdeka!

Am sitting in the living hall going online (cause workroom's light died) and heard fireworks blasting distant away..... unfortunately, can only hear, can't see anything from my 4th floor apartment except for the smokes (mental note: get higher floors in future).

Our country has come a long way since 1957. I was born in 1977, 20 yrs after merdeka. Even so, I still remember during the early 80's, everything was still very 'black&white'. Meaning, owning a tv or a car is a big hoo haa let alone going abroad for holidays. It has been two decades since and I have 2 extra tv sitting in my store room and I am driving a nice car. Really nice car. Flying has been made easy too thanks to AirAsia :) Our standard of living has certainly improved tremendously.

We definately owed our better living conditions to the leadership of all our remarkable leaders.
MERDEKA! MERDEKA! MERDEKA!

p/s: wonder how things will be 30 years down the road. Flying cars that can be parked right in front of our apartment? each household wil have a robot maid? hmm... not impossible.

1 comment:

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

robot maid! wow, why 30yrs down the road? l'll be 80 then, think l'll walk like a robot dragging my leg takin small shaky step at a time, wit open arm so that l'll be able to hold on something when l m not steady, hahaha, Merdeka, Merdeka, Merdeka