WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Flooded Keypad

Am finally 'online' after being away 4 days. Am currently using Harrison's notebook (so small and sleek... damn). Reason being, my notebook of 6 months finally died on me. Yup, 6 months only. There is an explanation to the short lifespan...

2 months ago, as I was squeezing the wrist rest which was made of liquid gel to check for leakage, it suddenly burst and 90% of the watery gel landed on my keypad. I cleaned and dried it as much as I could. Wanted to send it back to its service center for proper clean-up but i procastinated. Anyway, it works perfectly fine except for occassional sticky fingers resulted from the leftover gel in between the keypad. :p

So, it finally died on me last Thursday. It started to give me problem while i typed the last entry. Funny characters start appearing.... but i tried my best to type on. On Thursday morning, it just refused to be switched on. :(

Anyway, I've send it back to the service center and they've just called me to inform that I can collect my notebook tomorrow morning. They have changed the keypad as well as the mother board :p Hopefully it will be under warranty and not charge me a single cent. :p

Of all places, I wonder why does the gel have to land on my keypad. Of so many things to squeeze, why I have to squeeze the piggy wrist rest. And of so many places to squeeze that stupid piggy wrist rest, I must choose to squeeze it in front of my brand new notebook. So silly.

5 comments:

i said...

Err...Murphy's Law?

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

atleast one thing u'll remember te rest of yr life, "do not squeez any liquid near yr pc" haha

Serena said...

hehe.. humans make mistakes =) no ones perfect

Redbabe said...

hehehe.... murphy's law? gotta check on that one.... dunno wat's that.

yup, i will not squeeze anythng near my pc in future.

thanks serena for the kind words... oh boy... that feels good!

Serena said...

no prob ^^.. luckily it's under warranty anyway. an ant got into my cousin's laptop XD