WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my birthday. Yay! Happy Birthday To Me! :p But I already celebrated my birthday almost 3 weeks ago. Hahaha... strange hor... but no choice. Due to all of our tight calendar, that was like the only date my that particular bunch of friends is free (The Deliquenos). Besides, we were celebrating not just me alone, but other two too. Supposed to be four of us, but unfortunately the other one can’t make it. That’s why. 
As like any other get together of ours, it turned out really good. It was a long anticipated event reason being, there was a theme to it and the date has been changed and postponed a thousand times before we finally concluded a day where majority of us can make it. :p So basically, we (the girls), already gotten all our themed dresses ready and was just sitting around waiting for the date to be finalised. Hahaha.... girls would always be girls. 

Unlike the previous year where we went to Seremban for BBQ crabs and followed by a drinking session back at home, this year, we decided to head over Elcerdo (http://www.elcerdokl.com/). A quaint little place along Changkat Raja Chulan specializing in pork dishes from around the world. Please be warned that the price were rather exorbitant. For the 6 of us, the bill came to about RM700+ I think. We had half a piglet (smaller than Sunshine even), a cold meat platter (hams), a paella, a sausage platter plus a mug of beer for each of us.  Though expensive, I thought the experience were sort of worth it!  
We get to chop the piglet with plates and then smashing the plates in a tub!  Weird, but sort of fun and thereupedic too. :) Yeah, thereupedic.  Good way of destressing.... *thinking of all those plates in our kitchen*..
The theme for our birthday party was 'The 70's' and I think we, the girls, really dressed to the theme!  The guys merely scrapped by.  It was funny when everyone was staring and pointing at us as we were walking into Elcerdo.  Lols.... They must be wondering which era does this bunch of people come from?!
The August babies.... gone mad.  Seriously, we were having so much fun by ourselves there.  Just the six of us.  WK, the superman, was imitating HK's gangster of the 70's, strutting around in his shades... it was hillarious.  At ElCerdo, they even sang us birthday songs that goes like this.... "happy birthday to you, oink oink..... ".... as if singing to pigs.  Lols.... 
As usual, a night with The Deliquenos will not be complete without some salsa-ing.  From ElCerdo, we adjourned to Modesto to dance the night away.  At the carpark, we gone mad again....
Cam whoring ala 70's style.  Hahahaha.... I tell you, i laughed so much that night.  Seriously crazy bunch of fellas.  Or probably it was just 3 of us that was crazy.  But then again, even with just 3 crazy fellas, it was enough to fill the evening with merriness.  :)
So, it is my birthday today.  I am at a junction of life now where I felt things are falling into place perfectly. I've no particular anticipation for this special day as I am already contented the way everything is. The husband already given me present number no.1, (he said there were two presents, YIPPEE!!!).  I've no particular wishes either, except, to continue being happy as I am now and living life at it's best come what may. :)  


 
P/s:  Ppssttt....! Oh yeah, from the cash vouchers I gotten from the bank's family day telematch games + appreciation for organising the offsite event + retro queen + some cash from the husband, I topped it up a little and gotten myself a simple nice everyday bag from Anya Hindmarch.  *grinning from ear to ear with happiness*

3 comments:

Big Cow said...

i wanna be kiasu and wish you here also!! :D

Happy happy happy birthday!! :D I know you will definitely have loads of fun one coz you are so fun to be with!! wahahahhhahahah!! :D

mun said...

Happy, happy birthday to you! I see you had a most wonderful celebration - you look so good in your 70s do.

Redbabe said...

Thanks Big Cow & Mun.... :) Kiasu is good sometime.