WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Working is making me busier...

... and the busy-ness is not from work but the other distractions/entertainments that come with the work.  I am not sure if this is just my luck or working in Standard Chartered is memang (really) like this one.  I officially join the company on 9th May and to date, I've worked 3 months 10 days and within this short span of time, I've participate in 4 company's events.  

(1) The Standard Chartered KL Marathon - 5km fun run - 26/6/11

(2) Family Day at Sunway Lagoon - 24/7/11
I had so much fun here though I don't know many colleagues then.  What the heck, as long as I get to play, everyone is a friend. :p
Participated in 3 telematches and our team (which was form adhocly) won twice.  First & second place.  A total of RM150 cash voucher per person. :)  
We came out first in 'form the longest line'.  It was hilarious seeing the other team trying their best to stretch for that additional inch which was totally useless cause our line were already longer by 1 person's length.
Here we are, happily posing for a group photo after receiving our prize money. :)  Hehehehe...

(3) Our SME Offsite Meeting at Swiss Garden Spa & Resort, Kuantan - 29/7/11
Which I just covered on my last entry.  You & I know, though it was a short offsite work related event, it was still a happening one.

(4) A Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Event which was held just this past Friday (19/8) at Pantai Cahaya, Port Dickson, to clean up the beach. - 19/8/11
It was mandatory for each employee to complete at least 2 days of CSR per year and I decided to start my first for this particular event organised by our HR department.  
Seriously, the beach was so freaking clean that there weren't much stuff to clean up.  We just tried our best to dig up as much rubbish as possible - ciggy butt, bottle caps, tiny bits of papers... grass... twigs... anything...
Light meals were also provided for us at the event.  After all the cleaning works, we took a breather by the beach for some kodak moment. :)
So for those of you who visited PD this weekend, in case you are wondering why are the beach & park so clean, it was our hardwork ok :)  And so, please please do remember, "DO NOT LITTER" and help us keep the place clean so anyone who visited Pantai Cahaya will have a great time there! :)

3 comments:

mun said...

Nice to know that you are enjoying your work tremendously! Way to go!

Redbabe said...

:)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

wow..sounds like you've been busy but all for good reasons! keep up the great work..love the longest line event..too fun!