WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Simple Birthdays - The Best.

Birthday come, birthday go.  Just like any other day.  Yet it still gets pretty hyped up the day before it.  And yet, if you ask me what I did last birthday or the one before that, I can tell you this... "I don't know and I can't remember exactly".  Hehehehe...  It has become such a normal day these days especially at this era where we basically can get everything we wanted (not necessarily have to be rich), everyday is a BIRTHDAY!  :)  Unlike years ago where one would only get to eat an egg or a special piece of meat come his or her birthday (that's according to my grandparents la...).  
My birthday celebration started on the eve, 4/8/11 with the husband giving present no.1.  Talking about the present, it was hillarious.  We met up at Pavillion early last week after work and he was all grinning from ear to ear having gotten me a birthday present.  When I tried to squeeze hints out of him he just said this... "Not letting out a single thing!".  Lols... Or how I would teased him when we strolled past a certain shop... "You breathing so hard.  You got it from here?  This shop?"  Heheheheheh.....
He even went to the extend of hiding his car keys cause he kept those presents in there.  Oh yeah, there were two.  He was quite smug about it when he gave me the first present on the eve of my birthday and went... "...present no.2, tomorrow."  I laughed my head off when I unwrapped present no.1 and found both the warranty catalogue for present no. 1 & 2 in the box.  Hahahahaha.... He was cursing and cursing at the shop... still he made me waited till the next day before giving them to me despite of me already know what I am getting.  Hahaha... It was so funny...

I told him... "Just imagine if a wife received one present with two catalogues/receipt for two items in it..."  all hell will certainly broke loose man!  Super duper hot soup....!"

In case you are wondering, well, he gotten me a Swarosky pendant and a pair of earrings.  It has been sort of a custom.  I was digging out all my Swarosky collections and found that I've quite a number of them.  Nice.  *like*
Having not-a-real-job for the past four years also meant that I don't really have much colleagues.  Colleagues usually revolves around my ex-boss of more than 10 years, his sis-in-law who used to share an office with us and also who I've grown very fond of and my GM who is pretty closed to us.  And birthday are usually just a nice lunch with them.  That simple.

This time round, it was different.  Birthday wishes just kept pouring in the moment I strolled into the office.  Actually, before that even.  On facebook that is.  That's why I shared this caption on FB the other day... "I suddenly ♥ Facebook very much. It made me feel so..... LOVED! Thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes my friends.... ". Seriously, irregardless of everything, it makes me feel all mushy and warm inside.  *thanks  people if you are reading this*!  Oh, I must add here, BIG COW actually posted birthday wishes for me every avenue she gets!  On my blog, FB, mobile & etc (did I missed out anything Big Cow?)... hehehehe.... BIG THANK YOU TO YOU!!

Ok, ok, back to the colleagues thingy.  They even gotten me a birthday cake and sang me a birthday song!  I thought it was really nice.  It has been quite awhile since I've anything like that.  *super like*.  A colleague of mine posted the above picture on FB with a caption that says... "So happy...".  I went like.. "Of course la... got cake to cut le...!" hehehehe... And it didn't stop there.  We all left office at 4:30 (instead of 4:45 for Friday) and head down to Snowflakes for some dessert courtesy from the boss man himself.... :)
I am into owl these days.  Always like owl but never really into it until recently and Alina was observant enough to get me these - an owl brooch and necklace.  They were so pretty.  :) Thanks babe!   *love*  
Alina & I decided to join another group of colleagues for some Friday Happy Hours after Snowflakes.  The crowd was good, we had fun.  Unfortunately I didn't stay long enough to blow the candle off the cake.  The cake look absolutely divine...hehehe.. yeah, DIVINE.  lols....

That evening, we supposed to head down to Hakka Republic over at Menara Hap Seng.  Even had reservation done.  But the mood felt more Brussel than Hakka Republic.  :p   The husband and I both enjoyed our beer as we nibbled at some pork belly, sausages & etc.  Can't remember exactly what we talked about but we had a great time tokkok-ing & sing song-ing before Florence & Mambo came to join us later the night.  All in all, it was good and we had fun.

Florence gotten me a present and her colleague does the wrapping for her using whatever they can salvaged from their office.  She wanted them to wrap it with flyers from Watson and they just couldn't do it (I would have love that really... lols).  Not bad ya the wrapping?  So what did she gotten me?  Actually she already RSVP dinner reservation for both the husband and I.  The present is just for fun.  She simply said it reminded her of us.  :p
Her hint was... "try thinking what the husband always complains about you?" and my answer to that was.. "no, he never complains about me and he loves me very much..!".  Hahahahah.... You see, I realized later that the point here is good.  We forgot each other's shortcoming and only remembers the good ones. :p  One point to "Good Relationship"!

Yeah, she gotten me an Iphone sound amplifier.  Lols... Cause the husband always complains that I never answer the phone cause I can't hear it ring.  Hehehehe... It works ok... :) It really does make the ringing tones louder.  Thanks babe! :)

So, birthday come, birthday goes.  It was just another day.  Now that we are older and wiser and have less expectation, simple birthday gestures suddenly became  so nice and treasured.  For all of you out there, once again, thanks for remembering me. :)  I feel loved.


5 comments:

Big Cow said...

I forgotten to wish u via MSN and email!! Next year!! LOL!! ! LOL!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

awesome! happy birthday. sounds like it was an awesome one!

mun said...

May you have many more happy birthday celebrations like this!

What I Did Today said...

What a fun day! So glad it turned out so well! Facebook is awesome on birthdays. Lol.

Redbabe said...

You are so right Jamie. FB indeed is useful :)