WELCOME to my blog.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Yep, It Was Indeed A Brilliant Night :)

Sorry for the delay of this update.  I know you guys must be waiting for it.  I've been so busy with work stuff these past weeks.  Was busy organising & coordinating an offsite meeting event for half of our department which took place just yesterday and today.  All I can tell you is, it was SPLENDID, AWESOME, SUPER and of course I gonna blog about it.  Sometime soon I hope. Meanwhile, let's just get to the performance we did.

I somehow managed to get thru my anxiety on that Friday night (erm, two Fridays ago?)  rehearsing at Modesto.  Come Saturday, I was all cool and good.  :)  As our event was at night, it was hilarious seeing my team mates counting down the hours in our private FB group.  Suddenly, we were all so free.  I guess all were nervous and  seeking out each other for comfort!  Lols....
This is us, Team Monday, all dolled up.  I call us the sluts and that was actually a pretty polite term as compared to the words coming out from Alina.  She just yelled out to Pat (our instructor), "Pat...!  Your prostitutes are all ready!" o.O  WtF?!  

Met up with the girls from our team at the studio for a quick bite before working on our make-up.  We had so much fun along the process.  The smokey eyes didn't turned out quite as what we have in mind, fake lashes doesn't seems to stay in place... hehehe... getting into those corsets were even funnier when we tried to push up as much boobies as possible.  Hahaha...  In the midst of total choaticness, some of us even tried to put on the net stocking while still having our shorts on.  Lols...I tell you, it was total madness.

Despite of everything, we still managed to get to Modesto on time.  Picture above is Team Wednesday who will be doing the Jive, Modern, Cha Cha, Merengue & Salsa Medley.  Their theme was all sailor/nautical...  Totally opposite from our slutty/prostitutes/cabaret theme.  Lols... So decent!  hahaha...
Our team did the Paso Doble, Hip Hop, Modern, Bachata & Salsa Medley which lasted about 7-8 minutes.  I had so much fun that night.  All anxieties prior to Friday suddenly just melted away with the rehearsal.  Thank God.  Otherwise, I am not sure I would even flip.  
This is the flip that I have been talking about in my past few entries.  The one with the crooked leg at the back was me.  I still couldn't quite get the whole methodology into my brain.  I always have the tendency to bend my legs.  If I remember to hold my breath, I would forgot to kick.  Or if i remember to kick and hold my breath, I would forgot to straighten my legs.  Lols... sigh....  Nevertheless, we got it pretty in sync this time round.  I was quite impressed actually looking at the video.  For once, we flipped and land at the same time.  Amazing. :)
Not only that, we managed to end at the same time too.  The applause were ear shattering.  Seriously, I have a feeling it was more for the outfit than the performance.  Right?  Right?!  Those super short mini skirts, net stockings, corsets..... hahahahaha..... 
It took us almost a year to put everything together.  When we were at it practising day in day out, it was so exhausting and can't wait for it to be over and done with.  It was worst for the last two weeks when we were practicing every night from 9 - 11:30pm.  Work, dance, work, dance.  It was even worst for me since I also got a life! You should know by now :p Work, dance, play, socializing, traveling, dinners.  Now that it is finally over, no more daily practice, it somehow felt something is missing.  :p  Suddenly not sure what to do at 9pm.  Hahahaha....
Remember a long time ago when all these dance practices just started and I mentioned that we will be trained for a performance which we will be audited?  Some sort of audition to get into the Ritmo Dance Team?  Well, we were all called back to the studio for a meeting last Wednesday and yours truly is now officially a Ritmo Dancer.  :)  

It was a mixed feeling.  A part of me wishes to be in.  Another part of me wishes otherwise.  Wishes to be in cause I love that team spirit.  Love being a part of something.  Love my Ritmo family which I've grown so close these past few months.  For the otherwise, it was most because of the time & effort involved as well as how things will go all crazy when the stress level is high.  

Anyway for time being, since I am in, I'll just do what I can and enjoy it along the process. :) 


3 comments:

mun said...

I love the black and white group photo! Really in the mood of the night.

mun said...

Congrats on getting into the Ritmo Dance Team! Will your dance video be uploaded online? Would be great if we could view it after hearing so much about it and sharing your excitement!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

looks like a blast of fun! congrats on the success!