WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, August 15, 2011

My First Offsite Meeting @ Work!

Since I started working 3 months plus ago, things has finally begin to slow down a little. It was really mad crazy busy that past few months having to organize few events concurrently, at the same time, juggling daily usual businesses, on top of that, daily dance practise towards the end of July was not helping at all. But all in all, thank God all had simmered down and things began to slow a little and I get to catch a breather after clearing all rubbish that had piled up high on my desk during that few maddening week close to that offsite thingy that I had organized. In fact, now that I am finally able to smell the roses, I am sort of bored. Hahahahahaha.....
3 weekends ago, was at Kuantan for our company’s offsite meeting which was held in the Swiss Garden Spa & Resort. I was there not to participate in the meetings, but to coordinate and ensure that the 2d/1n event goes on smoothly without any hiccups. Though tiring, it was a great experience coordinating everything right down to its details - which resort to go to, detailed itineraries, team building & tele-match games, meals, transportations, who to go on which bus, who to bunk in with who, vegan and non-vegan, various awards and prizes and etc.
Though I have a choice of not required to attend the back-to-back meetings which will most probably bored the hell out of me, I was too busy running around arm wrestling the hotelier to submit to my whims than to enjoy the sun, sea, sand & beach while sipping on colourful mocktails. Really, prior to the trip, I had that vision. I was so looking forward to that. It was really, just a vision afterall. Lols... It will be a real luxury if I get to do all that. Hahaha... Other than coordinating with the hoteliers, I still need to coordinate my brain for events of the night – Retro Nite!
With helps of some colleagues, and the sporting-ness of all the other colleagues, the entire 2d/1n event including our themed Retro Nite dinner turned out rather well and we had so much fun laughing out heads off checking out each other’s costume. Seriously, never in my wildest dream they would dress up to the theme. And I thought my wig a little extreme.
I almost didn’t wear it. Alina was so adamant that I should and I threatened her that if she doesn’t go down with her crazy hair too, she gonna so get it from me... lols... (we went down separately cause I was rushing). Until a colleague came up to the room in crazy hair as well, I was convinced that I would. He said... “Don’t worry, you are not the only one with white wig!” hahaha.... 
Believe it or not, the moment I stepped into the ballroom, I felt right at home.  :) I was so thankful I wore it. Without the wig, I would be SOOO....under-dressed. Hahaha.....
It was such a fun night filled with silly games, free flow of beers, retro music blaring, fashion shows of our funky retro fashion sense, prizes & awards presentation,
Working life is turning out not too bad afterall. :)


p/s: I told Alina this that night..."Babe, working together not too bad after all eh?  We get to go on girlie holidays under the company expense!"  hehehehehehe...!

4 comments:

What I Did Today said...

You and Alina are so cute. Love the wig! Haha!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I wish my office would so something this awesome! Looks like a lot of fun! Love the costumes. Real funky!

mun said...

Wow, you are really super effective and efficient to plan such an event! BTW, is it you in the photo standing laughing by the tree? What's it about?

Redbabe said...

Jaime, yeah... i tot we look cute too..hehehehehe....

Mrs Pancakes.... thanks. I hope there are more to come :)

Mun, yeah.. i was having so much fun playing the telematches. Was laughing at how crazy we went to make sure our balls are not stolen. hahahahaha....