WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Magic of Scents

Enough about my silly antics. From now on, I shall try very hard to be less blur, less silly and I shall be smarter and sharper... hehehe
***
As I was going about my stuff the other day, I was overcome by a scent which brought me back to the memories of school days. Though I don't particularly fancy school days, yet it still never fails to give me a sense of belonging. A feeling of carefree-ness. I suddenly felt fresh all over again. Upon processing the scent, it was the smell of freshly cut grass. Damn I love that smell. It smells like my school when the gardener were at work mowing the field or midway thru Sejarah class when the green/fresh scent drifted into our classrooms or something...
***
It is insteresting isn't it how a particular smell can sort of like zapped us into that particular pocket of moments almost immediately? I said almost immediately cause we still need a fraction of seconds for our brain to process where the scent belongs to. Besides the smell of freshly cut grass, there are many others too...
***
1) ABC green & white erasers - primary school days, dark blue uniform
2) 2B pencils - UPSR, PKBS, SRP, SPM
3) Colour pencils - Luna. Kindergarten days or merely colouring days at home
4) Dettol - hospitals
5) Burning incense/joss sticks - grandparent's home
6) Lipsticks (those not scented ones) - school concert days where our little faces were applied with make-up for the first time, which we so anticipated.
7) Old musty wood smell - classrooms
8) Gudang Garam (Indonesian ciggrettes) - my grandfather
9) Seabreeze - the first outing to the beach
10) Rejoice shampoo - when i first pick my own choice of shampoo, an 'in' shampoo to use then.
11) Swimming pool's chlorine smell - my first outing to the pool in Kluang's army camp (the only pool in Kluang then)
12) Smell of impending rain - a particular day when I was about 6, where I sat in front of the house watching rain drops falling to the ground.
13) Lavendar/Lemongrass - Spa
***
Dont believe me? Next time, when you are at a stationery shop, try sniffing at some colour pencils or erasers. You'll know what I mean.

No comments: